“Referrals” program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL’ites,

Hope you all noticed a field called “referrals” appear in all your messages and also in your profile. Wondering what that is? It’s a pretty cool way to keep count of the number of new members you helped bring to the IL family. Here is the skinny..

How does the system track your referrals?

There are three main ways.

• When a friend of yours registers in our site, there is a field in the registration form (under “Additional Information”) called “referrer”. If the new member puts your username in that field, you get credit for that referral. [Tip: When you use the “Tell-A-Friend” feature in our site, please instruct your friends to put your IL username (not just your name) in the “referrer” field under “Additional information” while registering.]
    • Each of you have a unique referral link. You can obtain your unique link by going here. If you use your unique link to invite friends to IL, you will get credit for that referral. [Tip: If you use your personal email (hotmail, yahoo or gmail) to send a note to your friends about IL, please use your unique referral link.]
    • When you use “Email this page” feature (Thread Tools -> Email this page) your unique referral ID automatically gets added to that link. When your friend uses that link to register, you get credit for that referral. [Tip: Take a few seconds to generously forward threads that you like in IL. It gets painlessly tracked]

What about all the referrals you have done until now?

We want to make sure that we give due credit for all your help in the past. Update this thread with all the members you have referred and I will get them added manually to your account.

What next?

You all love IL. The next step is to spread that love! Refer as many friends as you have. IL’ites tend to have bigger circle of friends than non-IL’ites. That much we know for sure. Within IL’ites, who has the biggest friends circle?

One final point..

This is not some multi-level marketing campaign. There is no monetary reward here. It’s just a fun way of keeping track of how much you helped this community grow. We are also curious!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,
    This is a nice thread to start !
    When I shifted from Indiatastes.com to our site, i think, I asked quite a few of my friends to join here (also) - note, I never asked them to stop going there !
    I remeber very few now - Ami, Priya Amarnath are 2 main persons. Kamla ( Oh, I feel so proud), Seetha3, Sunitha, Laksn are a few names, I now remeber, who were interacting with me there.
    There are a few like Geetha Sathish, who got in touch with me from my contributions in Tarla Dalal. I asked them all to join here.
    Ofcourse, my children, my sambandhis, my nephew, my cousins besides a few friends like Bhugan, Shanti Narayan & a few others under various usernames joined on my mentioning about this forum & are all members here.
    Modesty prevents me from this suya puranam, Malathy !
    The last 2, to whom I sent invitations are, Dr Kalyani Sundarajan, a Reiki healer and my cousins reguraj and Kishore in Madurai..
    I never ask them if they did join at all. Even if they join, I do not ask for their user names here.
    I will give my talking to The Hindu Metroplus, and Shasirekha for the write up in sify.com as real worthwhile "referrals" !
    May I L reach great heights & a one-stop site for ladies from all countries, cultures, religions & walks of life.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    <xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

3. Induslady

Dear Chitvish,

Thank you for having referred so many of your friends and relatives to be part of this community. From the usernames that we were able to figure out from your post, we have credited the referrals for you. I am sure you would have referred and would be referring more.

Regards,
    Malathy

4. Induslady

Dear IL ites,

Hope you all see the 'referrals' displayed at the top right corner of each of your post.

For example, it shows "referrals 12" for Chitvish.

Refer your friends / relatives to join this community and feel proud to get the display of referrals in your posts. Always "more the merrier", so is it with our community too.

5. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    I too sent the IL link to some of my relatives as soon as i joined the site.I am sure about of four people joing IL....my daughter Subha,sis in law Bharathi,sis Geetha and niece Vasudha.So i think you put 4 as my referral.

Regards
    LathaSasidharan
    :wave

6. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    I have referred jaysanth (my sister-in-law) and sharoohari (my best friend & extended family).

My best regards to self & Jey.

USHA

7. Induslady

Hi Usha,

Thank you for recommending 2 members to our community. I credited the referals based on the usernames you provided. You should see your referalas as '2' in all your posts on top right.

Do refer more of your friends/relatives and get them to participate actively amongst us in the forums.

Malathy

8. Induslady

Hello Sowminivibu,

Thank you for recommending your sister and friend. I credited the referals to you based on the usernames you provided.

Please refer more friends/relatives to join our community to get this growing. Also encourage them to be an active member like you.

9. Induslady

Hello Latha,

I have credited 3 referals for you based on the usernames you provided.

Thank you for referring your relatives and do refer more of your friends/relatives to get this community growing. Also, ask them to be active like yourself in our community.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  10. Induslady

Hello Meenu,

I credited the 4 referals based on the usernames you provided. Thank you for the referals and request you to refer more to this community.

Let's get it growing!