1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“How to win friends and influence people”

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

“How to win friends and influence people” by dale carnegie deals with mastering the principles of human relations.Actually I have read,re read this book several times.Each and every line is a tonic and will be of a motivation to people whose job profile concerns with dealing people.It awakens the ability which is hidden in us to deal with people according to my point of view.

Initially every book has preface to edition in the front few pages which contains few lines about the author and the author gives a short introduction about the book and why it was written.Before going into the book,the author gives some suggestions and ideas to extract maximum benefits from the book.The first five pages speaks about “Nine suggestions to get the most out of this book”.I was totally impressed and interested on reading these suggestions.The author gave a first impression to the book by these suggestions.:wow

I give a short description of what is covered in the book and hope you try this book.The contents are categorized as four parts

Part 1 Fundemental techniques in handling people
    Part2 Six ways to make people like you
    Part3 How to win people to your way of thinking.
    Part4 Be a leader:How to change people without giving offense or Arousing Resentment

In part 1,three best ,effective principles i.e the fundemental techniques are dealt in detail.
    PART1
    Principle1 Don’t criticize,condemn or complain

Principle 2 Give honest and sincere appreciation

Principe3 Arouse in the other person an eager wait.

All the above are gem of lines and words of motivation.

Have any one tried? Please share your opinion……

There are many other works by dale Carnegie,the list goes

How to stop worrying and start living.
    How to enjoy your life and your job
    How to develop self confidence and influence people by public speaking
    The quick and easy way to effective speaking.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi..I always have soft corner for self help books.This books seems really good.Thank you for the summary.

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi supriya,
    Thanks for ur fb.Rather than novels i always prefer motivational books.Atleast they change my mood for time being.....Thanks again....

BC

4. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

The basic principles of life to lead a happy life with lots of friends. Such messages inspire me lot. But Bhargavi I feel guilty when I don't express what I feel.. More than cheating others I feel I have cheated myself by not expressing what the conscience has to say. I do earn a lot of displeasure by doing so. Some appreciate at some point of time others simply abhor me.
    Anyway I will try to apply Carnegie principles more into my life.

Also it will make good manages. All mangement theories become obselete when we are faced with the realities of life.

Is the Avatar we see is Bhargavi? You are extremely pretty.
    Have I done justice to waht you had asked/ kanaka

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear most kanaka,
    Definitely kanaka,good friends who accept as we are play a lot in our lives.I too sail in the same boat kanaka.I am a bit straight forward sometimes it turned positive,sometimes it happened vice versa.Very well said,realities of face makes every other things small.
    Kanaka,thanks a lot .You have done great justice to what i asked.I bow down in obeisance.:bowdown:thankyou2:

Well,the avatar is actress asin.:hide:Sometimes it happens like what u asked.Big Laugh

Keep posting.Thanks again....

BC

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,
    I too like books which motivates us. Thanks for citing the book by Dale Carnegie . Will check if our city library has one. I am also like you very straight forward. Like you said, sometimes it helps us and other times all ulta pulta. Anyways, thanks for the post and also enjoyed reading the FB's.

best,

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear sinduja,
    Hello dear,you are welcome.The reply was very friendly and i felt as though we are communicating after so many times.You are straight forward like me,that is why i felt so.(May be).Definitely being open and frank in our action and behavior pulls our legs many times.
    I am glad that you liked the book.Do read the other book ."Oh mind relax please".The link is in my signature.Thanks again for your sweet feedback...

BC