1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I have started to watch "The family man" season -2 and completed 4 episodes.
    It is interesting subject and Samantha is in de glamour role. I Don't understand one thing is why some people are against to streaming that web series.

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

I haven't watched the family man series.
    But noticed Samantha's look in it.
    Why? Bollywood why? Like she's brown but they made her darker. Because there isn't a single darker skinned Tamil actress to play the role. No that's impossible. And also even us south indians come in all shades. Even Samantha's original shade. It would have been fine to leave her skin tone the way it was. FB_IMG_1622991231609.jpg

First you don't give dark skinned actors and actresses roles because of their skin tone and then when there is a role for them, you brown face people to fill a role that could have gone to an darker actor or actress.
    Aishwarya rajesh, a South Indian brown actress would have fit this role. Screenshot_20210606-084855_Chrome.jpg

sangeethakripa, anika987 and Mistt like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Usually, any actress/actor gets desired/important roles when they have good relations with film directors/producers and with their background support. You are right and I don't see any special purpose of changing Samantha's skin color. I know that she was acted in that series before watching itself, Otherwise I wouldn't have recognized her.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    chanchitra likes this.
  4. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

I too watched the trailer of Family Man 2 series. I didnt watch season 1. I had played one episode in season 1 in which Manoj Bajpayee is taking his kids to school and his son uses cuss words and found it abnormal (though that might be the normal)
    Web series goes off my head that I can't handle. I stay away from such disturbing content. I couldn't appreciate Samantha in that role either

chanchitra likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well said!

6. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

7. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

For those of you who are following the series, could it be possible that the story line requires Sam's role to undergo a radical transformation? Maybe we will see her as her natural self by the end of the series and that's why she was picked-up for the role, just thinking aloud :thinking: because she did something similar in the movie Oh! Baby and she really pulled it off well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was picked-up for a similar role again, depending on her performance in Oh! Baby. I remember she won the critic's award for that movie and it did quite well in the US too.

Disclaimer: I have not watched series 1 or 2 yet but plan to watch it someday depending on your reviews :)

8. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

It's because the way how srilankan Tamilians are portrayed. Esp the chief(shown as alcohol consumer, revenging for his brother's death, abusive words etc.,) Raji character as a srilankan fighter who can do anything to get what she want(sleeps with RTO officer to get through the post without proper docs), chief brother attacking civilians( in the history fighters never attacked any civilians), srilankan tamil fighters having connection with isis for attacks(which is absurd) like this there are few scenes which shows the martyrs and the community of fighters in a negative way.

stayblessed likes this.
  9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

True its a mockery of ltte. They fought for a cause. Here they are showing baskaran as someone who left the cause to avenge his brothers death. I dont like few things with the ltte. But their cause was true. It was truly for the liberation of srilankan tamils. I liked family man 1 where they showed a balanced attitude. This season they have twisted the issue and is showing the srilankan tamizh association in a very bad light. Everyone knows alcohol is prohibited in ltte. Here the chief himself is shown as taking liquor. Dunno why they should take this issue when the ppl are already voiceless under the dictatorship of rajapakshe. Not a word about genocide and their sacrifices. What they have shown is completely untrue. They shouldn't fictionalise issues like this.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    sangeethakripa and chanchitra like this.
  10. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

If we see that as a movie all the actors nailed it. Samantha's performance is applaudable, maintaining a rough expression throughout is not that easy(may be thats why they're actors!:D) But Sam as an actor who has acted in many Tamil movies and when some event has a huge saddening history,she could have known the facts(or may be knew it and acted),thats why many publicist/activist/whomsoever are boiling. Oh baby is totally a commercial movie.

chanchitra and stayblessed like this.