1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Thank you pa. :relaxed:

Lalithambigai likes this.
  2. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@stayblessed thanks for your reply. I love watching movies of any language as long as it is not dark themed/ too heavy to handle like OTT web series. I belong to old school and I'm happy about it. Watching movies at theatres with my parents,grandparents,cousins,neighbors,friends etc have a lasting memory on me than any OTT. Some movies I watch over n over again - Telugu: Happy days,Bommarillu, Khushi, Gundejaari ..., Son of satyamurthy etc

3. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Yep, Kaithi was an excellent movie..I think the problem is these young directors take their time and sculpt their first movie with utmost care without any interference. So th eproduct is fresh and successfull. Seeing their success the top heros rush to them and the directors dont really have a thought out script or time to execute well, plus they have to make changes in scirpt to adapt to heros image, thats reason the following movies aren't very impressive.

It is like avasarathuku kindi kudutha upma,rather than meticulously/tastefully made biryani!:smile: (plus the director also take up katrulla pothey thootri koll policy)

in kaithi every character had depth and importance, here lot of known faces but all wasted.

Vikram trailer is promising, but again guess lot of political nedi just for KH..

stayblessed and anika987 like this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Movie is simple,good and reflects the natural village characters. But Vijay is more handsome , we have so many V.Devarakonda fans here in IL:grinning:

Giri12 and anika987 like this.
  5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@vidhyalakshmid agreed Vijay is more handsome but his it would be unfair to see his brother in this comparison. Anand ,by himself, did a good acting in this movie. I didn't even bother to see his "Dorasani " movie with Rajsekhar's daughter. I guess good storyline also matters.

vidhyalakshmid, anika987 and Mistt like this.
  6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Last week I watched a malayalam movie - Pattam pole (like a kite) - Salman Dulquer and Malvika Mohanan - timepass modern era love story with superb village backdrop of Kerala boats etc. I loved it.

Its available on Youtube as well as Amazon Prime.

anika987 and Lalithambigai like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hindi movie "Jamun" - totally avoid. Ninety minutes that I will never get back. Started to watch due to imdb rating and because it stars Raghuvir Yadav and Shweta Basu Prasad (excellent in Comedy Couple). Horribly made movie. No redeeming factor. Incomplete storyline, so-so acting, everything way below average. I rarely find a movie so bad.

Kannada movie "Love Mocktail" - Watched it on Amazon Prime all alone on Valentine's Day : ) It's an early 2020 release. Decent for a one time watch if no other movie in mind. Simple story, good acting and enough humor. Stars Darling Krishna and Milana Nagaraj. Are they big names in Kannada cinema? I also liked the acting by the actors who played the childhood/teenager roles of the cast.

8. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

They both are couples. After marriage I am not able to keep up with any Kannada/south Indian cinemas as DH doesn’t understand.:facepalm: One of of my Kannada friend too recommend me to watch this love mock tail movie. I am not able to find this anywhere to download :sob:. We don’t have Amazon/Netflix.

This weekend we watched Metro park season 2. It is so humorous. I couldn’t control laugh. Purbi Joshi and Ranvir Shorey are amazing. I think it’s available in Amazon prime. Today we will start scam 1992.

anika987, Rihana and Lalithambigai like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I saw Bangalore days/ Bangalore naatkal movie..both Malayalam and Tamil were good but Malayalam version was much better and natural.

Such a brilliant feel good movie.Had watched it before and I can keep watching it again and again..

Flyhigher likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Want to watch Drishyam2 malayalam movie..Amazon prime it is releasing..
    Does anyone know which date it is getting released?

Drishyam 1 was brilliant.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.