1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was reading rediff.com just like that, and came across this article by Sukanya Verma: 2020's 10 BEST ACTRESSES

At the top of the list was Tillotama Shome for the Hindi movie "Sir."
    "Tillotama Shome's realised, internalised portrayal of a maid whose ambitions and desires find a way to evolve beyond her reality is a masterclass in flawless instinct."​

The movie was made in 2018 and released in a few European countries but the theatrical release in India was only in November 2020.

Trailer:

A must watch. Beautifully made. Excellent debut film in the full length "movie" category by director Rohena Gera.

The only thing is where to watch it. Amazon, einthusan and Netflix do not have it. I found it in YouTube by chance! Didn't think the picture or audio quality would be good. Expected that after a few minutes it will switch to some nondescript movie. Nothing like that! But searching in YouTube is not easy. Now I can't find the link I used to watch, but this one also seems to be of good quality:
    YouTube full movie link.

The funny thing was I automatically reached for subtitles at some point and as it was YouTube, there were no subtitles. : )

Definitely my feel good movie of the year 2020.

2. Rihana

AK vs AK - I watched it for Anil Kapoor. Not sure if I would for another actor, much as I like the idea of a movie in which the lead characters are portraying real life versions of themselves.

AK Vs AK stars Anil and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap as exaggerated versions of themselves. ... which is streaming on Netflix, stars Anurag as a brash film director who kidnaps popular movie star Anil’s daughter Sonam Kapoor and films his search for her in real-time to present it as his next blockbuster. The director and actor constantly mock and criticise each other throughout the movie. Source

Trailer:

The movie is worth a watch.

SunPa likes this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Last month I have watched Maayanadhi malayalam movie. I think it will be evergreen in my memory. Such a touching storyline, melodious songs and wonderful act by Tovino.Excellent direction too.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Rihana for the link. Liked the way she left the home( standing for what she want to become ) and the ending of the movie. Liked the guy's character also, nice to see sensitive side of a man always.

Rihana likes this.
  5. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

@Rihana I must thank you for recommending this movie and sharing the link ! This is now in my all time favorites list along with The Lunchbox, Pinjar , maqbool etc..

Rihana likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I really loved the movie Sir how it presented. Thanks Rihana for your review and link. If I hadn't checked his thread, I would have missed to watch a very feel nice movie especially the outstanding performance of Rathna (Tillotama Shome). Liked the character of Ashwin (very rarely exist in real world) and climax scene made me smile.
    The movie was released in Cannes film festival and European countries in 2018 but don't know the reasons it took 2 years to release in India. Thanks again for sharing your view here.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

@KashmirFlower @NOW @Mistt, I am so glad you liked the movie! The "happenstance" nature of how I ended up watching it makes me wonder how many nice movies we must be missing!

Another funny thing was that DH declared, 'There is no place to watch it online." : ) With due ceremony, taking his phone, I showed him the YouTube link. : ) Just in case the link goes away, we watched it that evening itself, instead of watching more of Sushmita Sen in Aarya.

This movie has joined my list of all time favorites alongside:
    The Lunchbox, Qarib qarib Singlle, Tu Hai Mera Sunday (available on Netflix), Comedy Couple (einthusan, Hindi movie, different storyline)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    KashmirFlower and Mistt like this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Actually, from past a few years I had started the habit of watch any new Hindi movie which recommends by any friend or if someone suggests here ( in the thread what movie watch today) with their review only.
    I too liked the movie Lunchbox and I will watch rest of movies soon which you recommended.:thumbsup:

Lalithambigai and Rihana like this.
  9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Maara - watched tamil movie after a while in amazon prime. Based on CHARLIE malayalam movie, but not the remake. Nice pictorisation and little mystery. First half little slow and second half is touching.
    Maddy fans don`t expect too much, he is appearing around 10 scenes only. Shradha srinath performed well and beautiful also. Heard that she was recommended by Maddy. Gibran did melody. Enjoyed it.

10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Thanks. Its a good movie. Its now available in Netflix. Now we can watch the movie again with subtitles:)

Lalithambigai and Rihana like this.