1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Watched Thappad movie recently.
    I’m actually not a big fan of Tapsee but this movie is something every women can connect.

I’m sure most men will not like this movie as they usually take their wives for granted and think that they will not l

Atleast we can bring the change in the future generation.

Daughter’s must be trained to become independent and bold. Most importantly to speak up instead of being silent if she is being ill treated!

Son’s must be trained to respect women from young age and not to treat her as a puppet who thinks he has a full control over her.

My DH on other side was still not convinced why Amrita wanted to divorce her husband just for a slap!( This is why I meant most men cannot understand or relate to the emotions a woman is going through!!)

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    SCA, Caughtinbetween, Mistt and 5 others like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I actually fast forwarded and saw the movie if I should admit and maybe I could have missed out details as to why she took this step..

gknew, shravs3 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

English Medium

anika987 and radv like this.
  4. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Thanks for suggesting Crash Landing.
    Just finished watching season 1. Very nicely presented.
    The interesting think I found in Korean language also mother father are called ammi abuji.

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

good point @shravs3 .
    There are movies where hero slaps heroine and song starts.. Hope that time also discussions happen by both women and men. I even feel those people personal egos are satisfied by keeping those scenes.
    or movies where heroine says I am yours several times in a movie.
    In my real life I heard no-body talking on those things but happily watching and kids watching.

From that state to know, where a woman's self-worth is shaken with that kind of behavior by H, and later his mom coming asking to carry on with party, and H not even says/feels sorry even after. And thinks "baby coming" will solve the issue of what happened... all together...many items there to look into and get awareness. These are needed to self-question for ourselves and families sake and then for good society sake,,,

Giri12, gknew, shravs3 and 3 others like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Very true what you said..

My mil used to say “My son is a very good person but he always has an invisible leash when it comes to his wife”...

First of all she thinks she knows her son but until now her life is going smooth because I have a conscience and I try to be good.My husband respects and loves me and there is no control in our relationship.

Secondly..”Leash”?? What does that make me...

Anyways..I feel even in-laws secretly are happy if the son or even in many cases the daughter is controlling.

Parents in general be it son or the daughter should teach about respecting themselves and others.Basic courtesy,humility and at the same time the difference between tolerance, patience and being a doormat.In many cases,everything seems confused and we witness so many good couples separate.

Also,Media should be very responsible for the kind of movies and messages they are trying to give.Many, especially the youth get carried away by what is shown in the movies.Already,society is so confused,people with inflated egos and so much abuse going on but media can teach the right thing in a situation without taking gender sides in general.

I have digressed my own thread now:)

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    nandinimithun and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@anika987

Your followers in this thread are discussing nicely the various aspects of movie, championing the cause of women dignity, respect and other emotions that they enjoyed in various movies during the lockdown that includes black and white movies of yester years.

2. I liked the reviews and and the narratives as to how it had impacted them in general and about the movie “Thapad” & well emoted role by thapsi in it.

3. A movie like situations narrated in the link
    Getti Melam - Supraja - An Apple Of My Eye
    This story depicts the pressures from conservative family a working girl just married and from the moment three knots are tied.
    Reading this story would be a as good as watching a black and white movie in current lock down scenario.

Thanks and Regards.

gknew and anika987 like this.
  8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I agree with many of ILs views on self esteem and attitude of women. My question in this movie is how the heroine would have acted if she wouldn`t have supported by her parents both emotionally and monetarily?
    That is the case in majority of the families, parents of the girl do not want to take any additional responsibility after the marriage of their daughters! I appreciate that the director has taken a different perspective to take to different heights. Most men won`t agree with the thought of becoming capable, suitable and compatible to their woman! They want it from the other sex.

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

True.
    Kids learn things by observing the surroundings.
    If his father is an aggressive, egoistic and dominant husband, I’m sure he would pick many qualities from him thinking that’s how a male should behave and apply the same to his wife in future. Same goes to daughters.
    Tats why parents should atleast respect each other and converse decently when kids are around them.

And coming to movies ofcourse it’s just a source of entertainment but there are many who get influenced by them so they should portray well.