“Andhra Paris” i.e. Nellore !

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by banuabida, Mar 26, 2009.

1. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi bhanu!
    you told lot of good things in nellore but u have changed the title of andhra paris to your home place.. when i searched in google... i am getting tenali as andhra paris.. any way as one of our ilites told pranthalu veraina manamandam okate ... good post and good introduction for people who dont know nellore..
    anoo

2. suryaveda

suryaveda New IL'ite

ur exactly right anoo.......tenali ne andhra paris antaru......i surprised to c here as andhraparis is nellore......ny wy its okay.....

3. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience! I guess many over looked the post script part, hence the confusion. I already left IL, but I could not resist the confusion and chaos my thread created. This is my last post in IL, so I might not be able to reply further!

Ee post author ni nene andi, Divija ni! Indaru Nellore vallani kalisinanduku chala santhosham ga undi, kaani nenu IL vadilesanu ani cheppadaniki badha ga undi.

Good bye all!
    Luv,
    D

4. funfearfoolish

funfearfoolish New IL'ite

hello banuabida,
    This s SONU.. I am from TENALI. I know that every person love his native place . I too love my native place just like u. I just came here 2 tell u about my opinon and my idea .
    I read the explanation given by you about why NELLORE is not called ANDHRAPARIS. I know NELLORE from the past 6 years and i have lot of friends there. Undoubtfully NELLORE it is a good city. The people are very lovely and they have their own identity in our state. Also it is one of the big cities in our state and far BIGGER than TENALI and there is no comparision between the both.
    But here 'BANU' i want 2 say u that every place has its own identity. Even though TENALI is small...it is the BIRTHPLACE of so many great people and i am proud of it. It is mainly famous for its CULTURAL HERITAGE.
    Do u know 'BANU' our FIRST HEROINE came from TENALI. Her name is KANCHANAMALA. I dont want 2 discuss every thing but i need to say that there is unique reason for the name "ANDHRAPARIS" to TENALI.
    NELLORE has its own identity. Its not fair to arouse such discussions ... it will hurt many people like me.
    lastly one thing i want to say( i dont want to hurt u but just think about it) IF ANY BODY TOLD "NELLORE IS NOT SIMHAPURI IT SUITS FOR SOME OTHER PLACE", then how will u feel.

5. Nirmalasrinivas

Nirmalasrinivas New IL'ite

Hi Banu,
    I am also Nellorean.

6. soubosophie

soubosophie Junior IL'ite

Well, I dont't know Nellore... How can I ?

I have never been there.....:biglaugh

Hope I can have a good guide once I will be there

7. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

+1 :thumbsup

Andhra Paris is the name given to Tenali very olden days !

Since Tenali has 3 major canals from River krishna and people from nearer villages used to sail small boats for bussiness in Tenali.. in that it fashion, it has been compared to paris. And also, Tenali is the hub for the bussiness of all kind since it is bi-secting two major railway lines (Vijayawada-North) and (Guntur-Hyd/B'lore).

As sonu said, Tenali is famous for Artists who then became movie stars.

As far as I know Jhony Lever, famous Hindi comic artist born in Nellore and migrated to Mumbai.

Nellore is famous for its coastal beauty and Sarees that it produce. Earlie days Nellore used to produce Perfumes.

N offcouse one can not forget Sri.Potti SreeRamulu for his devine sacrify

@banu got more info from ur articles.. thanks :cheers

8. sujanak

sujanak Junior IL'ite

Hi Akkinenirocks,

you really gave very nice info. i'm a nellorean. but still happy to know such a gud info regding the two places.

9. madhurs

madhurs New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Andhra Paris means Tenali not Nellore. I am from Tenali :).

Madhu

10. Nayana9

Nayana9 New IL'ite

Dear All,

Kindly let me know good maternity clinics in Nellore which has good reputation of Normal delivery instead of c-section.

I heard most of the hospitals in Nellore run commercial oriented.
    Please reply me if any one knows about this.

thanks friends,
    Nayana