1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

‘The Destined Dream’…….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

'..And WE are back!!-Yes! Dears once again meeting you'll with yet another anecdote..right from the 'Miraculous Manuscript' of Ma!!!!:

Vengadanathan was born in the year, 1581 in Bhuvanagiri, as the third son of Thimanna Pattar and Gopikambal. He had his early stints of ‘Gurukula Vaasam’ under his father-and later on under the divine tutelage of Sri Suseendra Theerthar.

Vengadanathan’s radiance and the lustre of his brilliance had all made his Guru Sri Suseendra Theerthar-the Head of the “Dvaitha Mutt” in Kumbakonam- to place this wise disciple of his.. at the helm of the affairs of the mutt after his times!!

However, circumstances forced Vengadanathan to return to his native with the death of his father; at the same time he kept alive his thirst for ‘Shastriya Wisdom’ by fuelling himself with all that he could lay his hands on..alongside lessons in playing the VEENA!

He also was married by the elders in his community...as was the custom those days.

But young Vengadanathan’s mind and heart was always brimming with the desire to get back to Kumbakonam..not to assume head..but more so to serve his Guru.

Within a few days he also left for his ‘Destination’!

His Guru, Sri Suseendra Theerthar who was in his last days..once again voiced out his wish of Vengadanathan assuming the divine head of the Mutt. But being married now….Vengadanathan, was in a sheer dilemma whether to fulfill his Guru’s wish…or to go against it!!!!

That night he fell asleep as he was deeply thinking of the same:
    Around four in the morning, he witnessed a dream, wherein he saw a flash of LIGHT pervading the Horizon….

A Beautiful and Radiant ‘DIVA’-an Epitome of Compassion had ‘sat there’….clasping Her Veena in one hand..the Vedas..and the ‘Aksharamala’, in the others!!!

Vengadanathan was jolted out of his wits..as he heard the most Mellifluous Voice ever uttering words of a serene wisdom to him:-

"*I was created by Sri Veda Vyasa to protect the scholars. I was brought up by Sri Aananda Theerthar and Sri Jaya Theerthar.

Sri Vyasa Raya and Sri Vijayeendra Theerthar had given me strength; while, Sri Suseendra Theerthar had crowned and given me a throne!!

*I have a Haven built, in Veda Vyasa's "Brahma Sutra", Vyasa Raya's "Taatparya Chandrika" and "Swaya Mitra". Sri Vijayeendra Theerthar ‘Draped’ me with some Splendid Finery- "Madhvaadva Khantodharam.

*His "Tatva Manikya Peti" adorns my hands….while His "Nyaya Muktha Mala" …my neck..
    Sri Vyasa Raya's "Tarka Thandavam" adorns my Throne..!!”

*”Vengadanatha, all these scriptures WILL Exist as long as the Moon and Sun would. Atleast for this “Tarka Thandavam” alone,- I shall exist in this world till the end of this Kalpa(4.32 billion years)…”

And suddenly Her Face going pale:
    "…But I haven't sensed "Nyaya Sudha" and "Tarka Chandrika" yet…
    You are the ‘Chosen One’ Vengadanatha to unveil their beauty to me….”

*”You are born for a cause in this world and that cause is to save Humanity. This is your duty, Vengadanatha!!
    If you assume Sanyasa and perform the ‘Moola Ramar Pooja’ daily- I will never leave you my Son”!!!!

*"If you do not…then the ‘Analysing of Scriptures’---will come to a halt!

The Vaishnavaite culture will perish…
    Even if the scriptures exist, there would not be a single soul to understand them…

All the Mutts will get shattered…and one will not hear the Intellectual Debates of Scholars around that place…

This should never happen. You should definitely assume Sanyasa and I will stay with you forever my son!!!!
    This is the truth and this will happen!"

*Thus Voicing out the Goddess, disappeared into thin air…It was like one long dream of hallucinations for Vengadanathan..for whom..now his confusions..seemed to have vanished!!

Why will his confusions not vanish?!-When it was ‘Saatchath Saraswathi Ma’ who had cleared them;-and also named him,-‘Sri Raghavendra Theerthar’!!!!
    -Saras.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    A great story told in a great way. Though I have heard the story with small variations it's greater still to read it through your words, the words of Ma's favourite daughter.

Rajni donned this role in his film Sri Ragavendra. The film was a hit; but still I feel it could have been in a better way, less cinematic and more spiritual.

When we are loving and true and then we are confused the Goddess Herself takes the trouble of clearing our confusions.

This blog is another fragrant flower placed at the feet of Saraswathi Ma by Her most favoured devotee. And this time the fragrance has reached the other devotees as well.
    I am happy to sign of this fb as one of those devotees.
    love,
    sridhar

3. SARASVADIVU

Dear Sir,

It's always a pleasure having you grace my page-a pleasure on par a 'darshan of my Goddess'!!!!
    Today it's only more so after reading these words:
    >Though I have heard the story with small variations it's greater still to read it through your words, the words of Ma's favourite daughter.

Yes! 'Sri Raghavendrar' was Rajni's 100th film..and being the 'Mahan's' ardent devotee himself, he had essayed the role to near-perfection; but certain commercial elements would have gone into it for the saleability factors..the reason why it must have failed to create a strong impact on you sir.

>When we are loving and true and then we are confused the Goddess Herself takes the trouble of clearing our confusions.
    -Dear Sir..I totally agree with you a 101%!!!!

>This blog is another fragrant flower placed at the feet of Saraswathi Ma by Her most favoured devotee. And this time the fragrance has reached the other devotees as well.
    I am happy to sign of this fb as one of those devotees.
    -I am doubly happy dear sir to have you sign off..as one of Her devotees...

Regards & love,
    Saras

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dearest saras,

The story of Raghavendrar told in your style is beautiful!! Loved it!!

Akila

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear Akila,

Whenever I get to have a feedback from a continuous source of support as you-it only goes to add more of a lustre to my page!!
    Thank you dear Akila!:)Saras

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My sweet rava laddu,

Well sculptured the story of SRI RAGHAVENDRA and i can sense the holiness in each and every line with full devotion fragrance. Please spread more divine fragrance my dear i can sense and smell the holiness always.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

7. SARASVADIVU

Dear Sreema,

As usual your 'Zingy' words keep me motivated:)
    Thank you da!!
    Saras