1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

‎5 Best Hair Oils For You

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by brahan, Feb 28, 2012.

1. yasminfathima

yasminfathima Bronze IL'ite

yes thats true. am using virgin coconut and oive oil, castor , gingelly and mustard oil. essential oils are tea tree and rosemary oils

2. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the informative post. Can you pls share the brands of extra virgin olive oil and almond oil to buy in bangalore? I have been expericing quite a lot of hair fall after my baby and i felt i shld take in more protein diet...but that is not helping too.
    And how many times should we wash long hair every week? Is it necessary to oil hair everyday?

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Dabur and bajaj are good wrt Almond oil...Am not sure abt Olive oil

4. yasminfathima

yasminfathima Bronze IL'ite

Extra virgin olive oil - u can go for Del monte, almond oil - rohan badam shirin.

Twice a week u can wash ur hair. Before taking bath u can apply oil. Apply oil and keep it overnight the next day u can wash ur hair.

5. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

very interesting post...

i thot i will add a small bit to it; my mom used to apply this to me when i was a kid and it had amazing results.

mix one tablespoon of castor oil (it is supposed to promote hair growth), with one two tablespoons of coconut oil. apply this for about 30-40 minutes (it is not advised to leave any longer, because castor oil is supposed to be a heaty oil and for optimum results this time frame is best) and wash off with a good shampoo. on doing this for about 2-3 times, you will find considerable results.

i still do this as and when time permits and loves the way my hair is after this

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Tanoshi...I am not sure about the Amla oil...Bowadays most of the cocunut oils from the shelf have Amla in them rite???

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Sitharaj for the tip

8. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the replies ladies...
    Also, one more doubt.. I always dilute my shampoo and use it.. Is it ok to use a conditioner after every wash? Do the chemicals in the conditioner make the hair thin n brittle.. though it gives it a shiny look n no tangles?
    Which shampoo and conditioner is the best for long hair? My thick long hair has now become dull n i m losing a lot of hair n some greys which i has changed d way i look ! :( Hope it gets better with almond oil and olive oil!!!

9. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

If I wish to keep it for only few hours, I apply coconut oil mixed with some castor oil so that it will soften my hair. Otherwise I will apply regular coconut oil.

10. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi Brahan,

Very very informative dear. Wonderful tips. I have to try this to my son.