1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

மார்கழி திங்கள்............

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by kasisheela, Dec 23, 2007.

1. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

இதோ மார்கழி தொடங்கி ஒரு வாரம் ஓடி போச்சு.மார்கழி என்றதும் நம் எல்லோரது நினைவுக்கு வருவது அதிகாலை வேளை, வண்ணமிகு கோலங்கள், கோயில்களில் பாடப்படும் இனிமையான பாட்டு (பரீட்சைக்கு படிக்க விட மாட்டாங்க அது வேற விஷயம்). இந்த மார்கழி மாதத்தை பற்றி நான் படித்து தெரிந்து கொண்ட சில விஷயங்களை உங்களோடு பகிர்ந்து கொள்கிறேன்

மார்கழி மாதங்களில் பொதுவாக திருமணம் போன்ற வைபவங்கள் தமிழ்நாட்டில் செய்யப்படுவது கிடையாது. இதற்கான காரணம் என்னவென்று பார்த்தால் இந்த மாதம் இறைவனை வணங்குவதற்கு என்றே உள்ள மாதமாகும்.எனவே நம் முன்னொர்கள் இம்மாதத்தில் மற்ற நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் ஈடுபடாமல் இருந்தனர்.

இம்மாதத்தில் வாசலில் பெண்கள் வண்ணமிகு கோலங்களை போட்டு மகிழ்ந்தனர். இதுக்கு காரணம் அதிகாலை நேரக் காற்று மிகவும் சுத்தமானது. அதை சுவாசிக்கும் போது நமக்கு நல்ல உடல் ஆரோகியத்தை தருகிறது. ஆனால் இப்பல்லாம் முந்திய இரவே கோலம் போட்டு முடித்து விடுகின்றனர். ஆனால் அவர்களையும் குறை சொல்ல முடியாது. இந்த காலத்தில் திருட்டு பயமும்
    பெருகி விட்டது.

மேலும் இந்த மாதத்தில் நம் காதுகளுக்கும், கண்களுக்கும் விருந்தளிக்க இசை கச்சேரிகளும்,நடன கச்சேரிகளும் உள்ளன.

கடும் குளிரையும் பொருட்படுத்தாது பக்தர்கள் திருப்பாவை, திருவெம்பாவை, திருப்பள்ளியெழுச்சி போன்ற பக்தி பாடல்களை சாலைகளின் வழியே
    பாடிச் சென்றனர்.அந்த கூட்டத்தில் சின்ன சின்ன பிள்ளைகளும் இருப்பாங்க.

[​IMG]

ஆண்டாள்

திருப்பாவை:
    ஆண்டாள் அருளியது திருப்பாவை. ஆண்டாள் பற்றிய ஒரு சிறு குறிப்பு. (குறிப்பு உதவி: விக்கிபிடியா)
    ஆண்டாள் தமிழ் நாட்டில் இருந்த 12 வைணவ ஆழ்வார்களுள் ஒருவர். இவர்களுள் ஒரே பெண் ஆழ்வார் இவரே. வைணவ சமய நூல்கள் கூறும் இவரது வரலாறு, இறைவன் மீது இவர் கொண்டிருந்த காதலை விளக்கும் வித்தியாசமான ஒரு வரலாறாகும்.
    திருப்பாவை 30 பாடல்களை கொண்ட தொகுப்பாகும்.

திருவெம்பாவை:
    மாணிக்கவாசகர் இயற்றியது திருவெம்பாவை.மாணிக்கவாசகர் மதுரைக்கு அருகிலுள்ள திருவாதவூரில் பிறந்தார். இவர் பாடிய பாடல்களே
    திருவெம்பாவை எனப்படுகின்றன. இப்பாடல்களில் தன்னை ஒரு பெண்ணாகப் பாவித்து மார்கழி மாதக்
    காலையில் சிவனைக் குறித்துப் பாடுவது போல் பாடியுள்ளார்.
    திருவெம்பாவை 20 பாடல்களை கொண்ட
    தொகுப்பாகும்.

[​IMG]

திருப்பள்ளியெழுச்சி:
    மாணிக்கவாசகர் இயற்றியது
    திருப்பள்ளியெழுச்சி.இந்நூல் 10 பாடல்களை கொண்ட தொகுப்பாகும்.

நாமும் இந்த மங்கள மாதத்தில் இறைவனின் நல்லாசியை பெறுவோம்,

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi sheela
    You have summarised "margazhi" spirit very well.Very enjoyable post.
    Probably we can start a discussion on "margazhi endral ninnaivukku varuvadhu enna?"
    A sure shot answer you are bound to recieve is "kalaaiyil chudda chudda gotsu & venpongal"(just joking pa!!!)

Regards
    Honeybee

3. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

தங்கள் கருத்துக்களுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி.மார்கழி மாதக் காலையில் சுட சுட எது கொடுத்தாலும் அது அமிர்தம் தானே. சின்ன பிள்ளைகள் காலையில் கோயிலுக்கு போறதே சுண்டலுக்கும், பொங்கலும் சாப்பிடத்தான்

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very enjoyable post ..cannot forget the innumerable kolams I have done ..not as early as your post mentions..but relatively early..you have so nicely written about all the important details which skip our mind..thanks for all these great knowledge and info..

5. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear AC,
    Thanks a lot for your comments.Yes,my mother,patty also used to have big kolam books from which i used to practice a lot.For christmas there used to be bell rangoli in our home.Gone are those days.Inga kadhavai kuda thirakka mudiyala.Kolathikku pathila snow irukku vasalil.These are the moments we miss India lots and lots.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear KS,
    You forgot something about this markazhi. Early morning, manimandapam - Thiruppavai/thiruvembavai and the famous venpongal.... How can u forget - Markazhi thingal, madi niraya pongal....

When I was aschool goer, during this period, we used to get up early, have my bath and run to this manimandapam at Villivakkam, chennai for this pongal exclusively.... Whatever you do at home... that cannot be equal to this one done at the temple...

Sorry, though I am not a sappattu raman, I love pongal...

I enjoy the early morning bhajanai and the reciting of TP/TVP in the rythemic manner.... Great....

7. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear Veda,
    Thanx a lot for stepping in and posting ur valuable comments. Ya, i forgot to mention about all our wonderful prasadhams of our temples.Ven Pongal or Puliyodharai of temple tasted anytime,anywhere is amirdham.Enjoyed ur comments a lot and thanx once again.

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

That is a good topic. I still remember when I was doing college, one margazhi month, was putting kolam and behind me(it was 4 a.m.), a dog was standing. Suddenly, realized something was standing behind me and on looking at it closer, just think how my reaction would be, ooh...From that day onwards, until my marriage, my father would be my guard!!! What a nice and lovely days those were???

And, one more thing abt prasadam-I always wish that in the temples, if they offer sarkarai pongal as prasadam, that will be too nice!!

When comes to thiruppavai, so many singers have released their cassettes as a proper song and so, it is very interesting to listen and easy to memorize, isnt it??

9. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear Ami,
    Thanx a lot for stepping in and sharing ur experiences.I too fear a lot for dogs and if there is a dog in that street i will never enter in. Ya the Songs are nice to hear to and that too in the early morning especially they are like a energy tonic to us.

10. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Dear KS, It is so nice to see someone taking the effort to write in Tamil... I have been living out of TN ever since I finished college and the exposure to Tamil is less since the industry I work in needs more English than Tamil:-( So kudos to you ...

What I look forward to, honestly, in Margazhi, is the 'Margazhi mahotsavam' - a carnatic music programme telecast in Jaya TV.

This year, we as a family, visited Srirangam and other temples (a pilgrimage holiday...); it was so nice to be in Srirangam, especially during the post-vaikunta-ekadashi period..... it was pretty crowded but still managed to have darshan of "Sri Ranga"...