தீவுத்திடல் கண்காட்சி/Theevuthidal kankaatchi

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by ish_nalini, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear IL's,
    I would like to remind you all regarding the exhibition displayed in theevuthidal by our tamilnadu government.
    There are many stalls put up in the exhibition.
    There will be some free classes and useful programmes conducted in evening hours.
    Last time I have learnt making of fashion jewellary that event was conducted by Aval vikatan(they also had a stall there)
    I really get benifitted.
    So if anyone knows about the events going to take place,please do intimate me.
    thanks and regards,
    nals

2. himsini

himsini New IL'ite

I would strongly advise fellow Ilites to not go to the Island Grounds exhibition. It is one of the worst i have ever seen. We went there this past weekend and had a terrible experience. The ground is so dirty and the shops very mediocre (the same old plastics, vegetable cutting stuff etc), no hygeine. Given that already so many kids are down with viral infections already, this place is a strict no-no, atleast during the weekends. I could barely breathe.The rides(merry go round and other stuff ) for kids are a total waste of money. Most of the equipment are really old and I would strongly suggest we dont waste time and effort visiting the place. The only reason to go would probably be the stalls put up by the tourism board, if at all you are interested.

Parking is a BIG problem if u go on weekends. It definitely isnt worth the effort driving all the way down.

3. lotusdevi

lotusdevi New IL'ite

could you please tell me where it is and when it is? Thank you

4. Bharathi.K

Bharathi.K Senior IL'ite

Could u plz tell me the location exactly.. I would love to go there with my families..

5. Bharathi.K

Bharathi.K Senior IL'ite

could you let me know EOD. i have planned to go by tis weekend..

6. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Oh No!! I thought of going there one evening when I visit Chennai (end of Feb/First week of March) Is it that bad?? :-(
    I 've always had fond memories of walking in the sand and buying junk jewelry from the shops...eating the huge masala appalam, etc, etc...
    Do you know till when this exhibition will be held? Maybe I can go on a weekday evening so the crowd will be less!!