1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

தாத்தா, என்னை தெரியறதா? (ஒரு குட்டிக்கதை)

Discussion in 'Stories in Regional Languages' started by Rrg, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

தாத்தா, என்னை தெரியறதா? (ஒரு குட்டிக்கதை)

அவர் பார்க் பெஞ்சின் சுகத்தை அனுபவித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார். காலை நடைப்பயிற்சி முடித்து அரை மணி நேரம் ரெஸ்ட் எடுப்பது அவருக்கு
    வழக்கம். அவர் மனைவி அவள் நண்பிகளுடன் அடுத்த பெஞ்சில் வம்பிக் கொண்டிருந்தாள். பார்க் நல்ல கலகலப்பாய் இருந்தது. ஒரு பக்கம் குழந்தைகள் குதூகுலம். பார்க்கவே சந்தோஷ மாய் இருந்தது அவருக்கு.

“தாத்தா, என்னை தெரியறதா?” - அவர் எதிரில் 18 வயது மதிக்க தக்க ஒரு பெண். அவருக்கு ஒரு ஜோக் அடிக்கலாம்னு தோணித்தோ என்னமோ!
    “நன்னா தெரியறதே! லக்ஷணமா இருக்கே. ஒரு கிழிஞ்ச பேண்ட்டும் கட் பனியனுமா. நல்லதா ஒண்ணும் கிடைக்கலையா?”
    “ஐயோ! நான் யாருன்னு தெரியறதா? இன்னி மார்னிங் தான் டெல்லியில் இருந்து வந்தோம்.”
    “சொன்னால் தானே தெரியும்.”
    “நான் ரேவதிபாட்டியோட பேத்தி. என் பாட்டி உங்களுக்கு சின்ன வயசுல ரொம்ப ப்ரெண்டாமே?”
    “ஓ! ரேவதி பேத்தியா? ஒரு நல்ல பாண்ட்டா போட்டுண்டு வரக் கூடாதோ? அந்த காலத்துல ரேவதி பாவாடை தாவணியில், பொட்டும், தலை நிறைய மல்லிப் பூவும் வச்சுண்டு வந்தாள்னா ஒரு தேவதை மாதிரி இருப்போ தெரியுமோ? தெரு முழுக்க பசங்கள்ளாம் ஜொள்ளூ விட்டுண்டு நிப்பாங்க. ஒரு நாள் அவளை நான் அடையாறு காந்தி மண்டபத்திற்கு அழைச்சுண்டு போனேன். கொஞ்சம் மறைவா உட்காரலாம்னு பார்த்தா ஒரு போலீஸ் காரன் எங்களையே மொறைக்கிறான். அதுக்கப்புறம் என்ன ஆச்சுன்னு ரேவதியையே கேட்டுக்கோ. ஹி ஹி ஹி.”

கொஞ்ச நேரம் அவளையே பார்த்தார்.
    “ஆமாம், இப்போ ரேவதி எங்கே இருக்காள்?”
    “அதோ அடுத்த பெஞ்சியிலே சிவப்பு புடவையும், தலை நிறைய மல்லிப் பூவுமா இருக்காங்களே அவங்கதான் என் பாட்டி”.
    “அவளா? இந்த வயசிலும் எவ்வளவு அழகா இருக்கா? அவ புருஷன் நல்ல அதிர்ஷ்டக்காரன் தான். அவர் என்ன பண்ணறார்?”
    “ஐயோ தாத்தா! நீங்கதான் அந்த அதிர்ஷ்டக்காரர். பாட்டி உங்க மனைவி”.
    “அட பரவாயில்லையே. எப்போலேந்து?”
    கடவுளே! ஆல்சைமர்னா இப்படியா?

அன்புடன்,
    RRG
    23/10/2018

Thyagarajan, kaniths and Adharv like this.

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:lol::lol: sariyana lollu pidicha thatha-va irukare.....hahahahhaha :roflmao:his comment to her granddaughter's pant was funny:tongue: apro avaroda wife paratura perula vidura jollu cute!!

Nala kadhai sir :thumbup::clap2: thank you.

3. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks Adharv for your appreciation.
    Nice to know you liked the story.
    I am sure you will enjoy my other stories as well.
    Cheers,

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dementia or alzeimers-whatever it be, is very pathetic.My mother forgot instances after a particular year.It stopped with 1961.We were six daughters.Fifth one got wedded in 1960.My wedding took place in 1963.It was my mother who made all arrangements.In 1985 her memories began to fade .Her main worry was that her last daughter,me, remained single.However much my husband and children convinced her,she was not prepared to accept.Even on her last day she was begging my eldest sister to somehow arrange for my wedding.

She could not realise that my father was dead even while body was at home. She was playing with a grandchild as though nothing had happened.Daily she used to ask whether Appa has taken coffee,tiffin, meals etc.After three long months she went room after room in search of my father.Now she could understand what others said and realised that our father was no more.I was called from Madras.I was 42 at that time. She hit me badly and used abusive lnguage for hiding the news of my father's death to her. She bluntly refused to accept that she was very much present in the hall, where our father's body was kept.

It is really pitiable to see those people who look very normal otherwise.
    Jayasala 42

Rrg likes this.
  5. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear madam,
    Thanks for your feed back.
    Thanks also for your sharing personal experiences in this open forum.
    I am aware how tough it is to cope up in such situations. I had two very close relatives, my FIL and my elder sister’s husband, who suffered from this disease for about 5 years before their respective demises. To see a person, very capable, strong minded, very intelligent and a pillar of strength in your life -going through the various stages of this disease at the very end of their lives is the worst one can experience in life. I am aware and have very well experienced the helplessness, the anguish. Please not even for a moment think I am talking about any affected person as a joke.
    I for one try to see something funny even in distress. I try to bring a smile in the faces of my friends and fellow human beings. In this same forum I have contributed perhaps over 100 stories. You will find throughout my efforts were in this direction only. I might have been successful or otherwise. But efforts were always there for making others see the lighter side of life. You may notice my motto, below my signature, is an appeal to the Almighty for the happiness of all - எல்லோரும் இன்புற்று இருப்பதுவேயெல்லாமல் வேறொன்று மறியேன் பராபரமே!
    This story was one such attempt. On reading this story even my wife’s mind went back to the last days of her father. But she also agreed that it would serve no point in thinking about such hits in one’s life but to move on.
    Thanks once again for your sharing personal experiences.
    Cheers,

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I enjoyed reading this super story thrilling finish at the conclusion . OMG Alzheimer's !
    Thanks and regards .

7. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks sir, for your feed back.
    Pleased to note you liked the story, especially the ending.
    Cheers,