1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shubini,

Contd

11. totally no soaps for the boy. Use soap free clensers (available in India) and moisturise evryday in morn and night. STop using topical steroids to the barest minimum like only when the rashes rae angry red. remeber exacerbations in his eczema leads to asthma attacks and asthma tatcks leads to more dry skin. its ;like cycle.

12. Swasasava from dabur ll also help. Get that and get back to me and ill give teh dosage. get back with ur boys weight.

13. Everybody washes hands as oon as they get home and when anybody has cold everybody inhales the following. Hope u know how to put dhoopthe traditional way. in that coal instaed of dhoop powder use lil powdered turmeric and keep it one room and let the smell drift to the room in which ur kids playing. No strong smoke but mild enough that u shudnt see the smoke . It ll help controlling any sinus infections

14. put few drops pf tea tree oil in his pillow once a week.

I cant prescribe stronger meds taht work without seeing the boy in person. But all these worked for me. Also take him to asiddha doctor and he can prescribe more drugs taht can be used to maintain and sontrol teh episodes. Try all these and get back to me with resuults

REgards,
    cc

2. charuchitthra

Hi Shreela,

By iregular periods do u maen just that ur cycles are irregular or do u have more bleeding too? Does it give any cramps? please describe ur cycle and obstetric history in more detail and ill be able to help better.

Regards,
    CC

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Charuchitra,

Thanks for your supportive words. Would you be able to suggest a good Siddha doctor in Hyderabad? I will send a mail with my full medical history.

4. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Hi Charu,
    I have never come across a doctor taking so much of personal attention and time which makes us really feel good.
    I am really happy to see doctors like you who are really interested and dedicated to the profession that you have chosen.

I have a few queries which I have mentioned below.
    1. Whats the difference between chyavanprash and pankajakasthuri. I always had a confusion which one to give for the kid and infact never started on anything.
    2. Swasava is like a moisturising cream? My son is around 12kgs now.
    Should I apply it once after bath on his skin? Can it be applied on the scalp also?
    3. Can you name a few soap free cleansers available in India? My son is allergic to Johnsons soap and we are now using green dove (aloevera) soap for bathing.
    How about the choice of a shampoo? I am using Johnson's baby shampoo now.
    4. What fruits can be given to a kid when he is suffering from cold? My son likes fruits a lot and never takes food when he gets cold but likes to take fruits. My mom-in-law frightens me saying that fruits should not be consumed when kid has cold and so 2 weeks in a month I never give him any fruit.
    She also has a list of vegetable restriction...like lady's finger, cucumber, radish and all watery vegetables should not be consumed during cold.
    Can you explain to me a bit more on vegetable restriction and food restriction for kids carrying a cold infection.

Thanks a lot.

5. shreela

shreela New IL'ite

Hi Dr. Charu,

I really appreciate your immt. response. 7 months back i used to have my periods at the intervals of 25 -30days with 5-7 days of bleeding. Day 5 onwards bleeing would reduce and will be emptied by 7thday. Last 7 months irregular in the sense, my period came with 18 days and after wards 35 days, 40, 45 days and last time the gap was 50 days . Since I used to have a regular interval of 25-30 days, i contacted my gynic. She suggested me to take US Pelvis scan. During my periods i always used to get clots. The last six, seven months during 2nd and 3rd days i had a heavy bleeding with more clots. I never had any pain. I felt like it was over bleeding. I would like to mention another thing like my job involves lot of travelling and last one year i was travelling within india and outside india. When i had a sudden 18 day period once, my general physician mentioned that it could be due to travel and stress and next cycle i would get around 40 days. it happened in the same way. Afterwards again it went on like 35 days , 40 , 45 and last time 50days. Just help me out am i too much worrying about this. Or it is due to fibroid. I have not yet met the gynic who asked me to come for DnC. I thought I will check with few more doctors before i jump into any conclusion.

Thanks and Regards
    Shreela

6. charuchitthra

Hi Shubini,

Pankaja kashturi is a powdered meds thats generally available over the counter . It has herbs taht open up airways and make breathing easier. Chyawanprash has ingredientrs that strengthen the immunity and is in the form of lehyam.

Swasasava is a tonic by Dabur tahts avilable over teh counter too. It helps to maintain the airways and lungs free of phlegm and other allergic inflammations.

I think Ponds has one soap free cleanser and johnsons has one thats called head to toe wash for sensitive skin or sumthng. I picked it up from naidu hall in pondy bazaar once when i was in inida and once from baby lou in cit nagar area. Jus look through all the baby wash available and u ll be able to find one that says soapless. I cudnt be of much help bcos its more than 3 years since I shopped for all these in India.

REmember all the shampoos are to be watered down and used for kids. I get a new shampoo bottle dilute it with 1/3rd shampoo 2 /3rd water ratio and keep in different bottles. Use the same amount as u wud use a concentrated shampoo for hair wash. It ll not dry scalp.

Its always a misconception that fruits are to be avoided in cold. I suggest u leave the fruits outside the refridgerator and can use anything like mousambhi, apples, oranges, peaches, papayas, watermelons. Only tht fruits directly from fridge shud be avoided and really sour grapes. Sweet grapes are ok to ve. Infact i advice u to start giving him raisins for snack everyday.

Theres really no veggie restriction as such. But avoiding brinjals bittergourd fish when he has an attack will help as they increase histamine production. Rest are all good to ve. rember no sour or refridgerated curds. so u ve to amke curds everyday twice esp for him. thts wat i do with my daughter. It ll be a lil watery and not set as refridgerated curds but its good.

Try to boil amla and make a paste outta amla and honey and give it to him as jam spread for dosa idli. Its good. Include lots of greens and raw veggies like bite sized carrots steamed beets and general good stuffs like nuts.

Regards,
    CC

7. charuchitthra

Hi Shreela,

U r right about deciding to wait it out on the fibroids surgery. IF u ve severe bleeding get a prescription from a siddha or ayurved doctor for styptics and keep enriching ur iron. And try eating aloe gel and methi in ur diet . FIbroids as such cant be removed by siddha. Surgery is the only option. But if ur symtoms get better and ur cycles are normal u dont ve to bother abt the fibroids . I cant prescribe u drugs without seeing u in prson.

Regards,
    CC

8. charuchitthra

hi Radhaparth,

I ve to take a lil time on this to check out which of my friends or seniors might be practisiing in Hyderabd. I am outta India for 3 yaers now and not quite sure of the current location of them.

Regards,
    CC

9. panno

panno New IL'ite

Hi Dr Charu
    I am 32 yrs old. I do fast on monday from last 4-5 years. but recently I started having problems. I do eat little fasting food in morning like Khichdi sometimes or sometimes rajgira laddu,dates etc but not regularly. From last 6 months on monday if I do liitle of hectic work like grocery shopping or travelling (by train) for 2-3 hours specially in evening I do get lot of headeach. In fornt side of my head and two parts of hairs (upside) I feel like something :bonk is banging inside my head and it sets down slowly after I eat meal and after a good night sleep. Even if I was not working but if sits in AC eg. last monday evening I went to see movie where AC was full in cold cliamate and within hour I started same hedeache.
    Actually i had a 14 months old son who get up in nights for milk (not breast feeding)or water or sometimes without an reason, I do not able to sleep quietly all night.
    I feel that its because of low nutrionans as my hair was also very thin and premature graying specially front side. So pls suggest me good remedy or diet for my hedeache and for my hair also. Actually I am more concern bcoz I had my first baby after treatment for 4 yrs and we are planning for second one may be after my son becomes 2 yr old. So I want to be fit and healthy for natural pregnancy.
    Please do me advice for all my worries,
    Regards,
    Panno :)

10. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charu,

Wish you a Very Happy New Year. I am 32 yrs now and never had any pimples in my teens but after having 2 kids i started getting pimples. I usually apply boroline on it and once it disappears it leaves a black mark and i also have black heads. Please suggest me some home remedies. Thanks.

vidya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.