1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home Remisies for Depression ... Please suggest

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by babyvalue, Dec 15, 2009.

1. babyvalue

babyvalue New IL'ite

Hi Friends

Please suggest some home remedies for depression. Since last few days my husband is feeling very depressed. He is having sleepless nights, mild headache, loss of appetite. We went to the doctor & did a complete check up like ECG, Chest X-Ray & blood test. All came out well. Only his BP is elivated 144/99. He is taking BP tab ( 5mg only).
    From my side I am trying my best to support him mentally. Some of the reasons i could figure out is as follows.. Please give your suggestions

1. Last 2 months we travelled a lot internationally. Our bodies have been through different time zones.

2. My husband has a high profile job into IT sector with investment bank.. so work related stress is also there. But he really enjoys his work & is very successful professionally.

3. My MIL is a big issue between us. She is always trying to squeeze her son financially. She basically wants me to be with her & take care of things like a maid & her son will work & send all his salary to her ( please note they dont have any financial problems . they are very well to do family.). Always she will start talking about how iresponsible I am . She always forgets whatever work I have done but will create an issue with the one or two tasks not done. When I visit my in laws I get up at 5 in the morning & work all day upto late night taking care of all their needs still she has complains. My SIL is a regular visitor in my in laws place. She stays there almost 11 months round the year. They create all misunderstandings.

4. We are married for last 6 years. Trying too have a baby since last 2 1/2 years but it did not happen. Physically as per doctors we both dont have any problems which will stop us from concieving.

Please advise friends ... Need your help

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Babyvalue,

Just happened to see in some site .... that Banana helps in curing Depression. just having bite size piece of banana helps in lifting the mood up and it increases the sugar level . Do try !

Take care

3. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear Babyvalue,

Although medicines can provide some temporary relief, we can get permanent relief from depression only when our approach to life is set right. For this, we need to get a good understanding of what is the purpose of life, how life should be utilised etc. I am sure you must be into spirituality.
    Nevertheless, I would again recommend you to read spiritual literature along with your husband. You can read "The Bhagavadgita As It Is" by Swami Prabhupada. You can get a copy of this wonderful book in your local ISKCON temple.
    Apart from this, try and encourage your husband to have open discussions with you on what is bothering him. It may be possible that the undercurrent of tension between you & your in-laws is affecting him or it coluld be professional stress - as you are guessing.
    Only thing to be cautious is : Do not be judgemental or defensive while he is expressing himself. Just let him talk and you listen with patience. It is extremely difficult, but it is worth the effort. Soon you will win his trust and he will be able to appreciate your views & concerns.
    You will definitely find peace soon...

With Best Wishes & Prayers,
    Krsnapriya

4. kkavitha08

kkavitha08 New IL'ite

Dear Babyvalue

Try Yoga & meditation.....Its a time tested way of relieving stress & depression..

Kavitha

5. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

There many ayurvedic remedies for depression. You can try Bhrami and Ashwagandha tablet.

Any doubts consult a good ayurvedic doctor. Ayurvedic treatments does not have any side effects..

6. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

not very sure but i have heard that having 1-2 bite of chocolates can lift up the mood and helps in easing the depression ...i do sometimes .

7. sebychandy

sebychandy New IL'ite

St. John's Wort, Kava Kava, Lemon Balm and Ginko Biloba are some of the herbs suggested for depression. Depression can also be a result of vitamin deficiency. Check out this url for more information about depression:
    Desigram:Health Conditions - Depression