Unformed yogurt milk

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by ihsnm, Oct 23, 2009.

1. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

hi ishmn,

Try smartsoul's method, it will work.. because that is exactly what I do, I pre-heat the oven and keep the yogurt vessel in it for 2-3 hours and it will set.. or what I also sometimes do is I will open the oven light for the entire night and it will keep the oven warm and the yogurt will set... try this method before you throw out the milk...

2. ihsnm

ihsnm New IL'ite

Thanks everyone!

3. skanum

skanum New IL'ite

1 --in summer yogurt forms quickly --overnight- if the yogurt starter is good,
    2---in winter add the starter when the milk is quiet warm and keep the vessel in the oven-- covered with a warm cloth on the vessel.

3--grand mothers tip---- just drop a full red dry chilly into the warm milk after adding the starter and keep in a warm place .you are sure to get good yogurt.

shyamala

4. smile14

smile14 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I have faced a lot of problems to set the curd in winters. Now I got the solution for my problem may be it will help others too.

I use a castrol to form the curd. It comes out really nice. Just make sure the temperature of the milk is proper i.e. it should be warm but should not leave steam.

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My mom used to have one of the electric yogurt makers for use here as we are cold area. They work great. If you are making a lot of yogurt it is worth the money.