Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Amma,

Made Dhal batti yday, it came out so good and was very easy to make tooo.... with ur instructions. We enjoy Rajasthani and gujurati food (minus the sweet taste) at home a lot. i omitted the melted butter part for hot oil(since its winter being little cautious on that) and the result was excellent.

Also made Nutty muffins for my son and ended up eating most of it..... i have become a huge fan of this after recently having it at ones of my il's friends place.
    Also made Oats Dosai ...this is was unbelievable and so so very tasty.... All diet watchers should try out this once..... and its needs very minimum oil, thats the bonus.
    Thank you so much

love
    vaidehi

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi, special thanks for trying dhal bhati - undoubtedly laour-consuming!!
    Yes, an ILite had written in her FB about making nutty-muffins for an ILite visit!:biggrin2:
    Oats is a real saviour in the kitchen!! Once we develop a taste for it, we can make varieties with it!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

3. jayadevi

jayadevi New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

I have MW output of 900 watts. I have convection & grill mode in oven. I have baking trays. Help me making simple vanilla cake. Which mode I have to use? Is preheat is necessary? For preheating, what is the temperature level that I have to set? How long the preheat is to be done? What is the baking time that I have to set? (I am using metal trays) After baking, shall I take it out immediately? I am new to baking and so please help me in these doubts. I have searched your "cook N Bake" thread. But I couldn't find answers for these.

Devi

4. Chitvish

Hi Devi, this is best learnt only by seeing a demonsration of your brand. Please ask them to show you, by sending their technician or by going to their class.
    Each make has different methods to be followed. Or go through yor manual in detail, step by step & follow it. It is not possible to explain it here, sorry. Or you can attend a baking class.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,
    thanks for ur words,,,today for the sai pooja,,did CARAMEL POHA PAYASAM,,,SAIwould have been delighted to have sucha a rich and tasty payasam,,,what a taste and colour,,,,cant believe i made it at home..

i made a batch of chocolates y day,,USING NUTS,USING A PATTISSERIE FILLING AND ONE USING CHOC CHIPS TOPPING,,i have wrapped them individually and stored,,they look good..but i havent touched them:),,i have made these for my ds's birthday party this sunday.he is turning 5 on christmas day,but sincemost of them cant make it ,we r having the cake cutting on sunday..
    i need some suggestions mami,
    i have planned for the foll
    1.eggless choc cake
    2.choco cups with creamfilling(for the kids)
    3.kesari muffins
    4.homemade pizza
    5.store bought onion rings

i just need one more snack ,please advise me on what to do?i have already started pre-preparations,,so it wont be a problem handling everything..if u can advise any changes or additions,i would be much delighted..

thanks mami
    lov
    aarthi

6. Chitvish

Dear aarthi, I love the way you plan & do things! Keep iup.
    I think one savoury snack will be good, anything. Biscuit pakoras or the like so that you can make a few hrs ahead.
    Love,'Chithra.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear aunty,

Made "Date-Seasame poli" yesterday for dinner. Wanted a change from regular foods, adaan orediya change pannitten. Added enough ghee (with little bit of guilt though) for topping, side dish edhuvum pannalai. So LO had it with mashed very ripened kiwi as a fruit spread (indeed they combined pretty great, dunno how I missed it so long). My husband liked it a lot (he was so delighted by the healthy aspect of his sweet treat too). Overall very satisfying and "fullfilling" poli recipe. Will definitely be a part during bogi celebration.

BTW, what would be a best side dish if we have to have it as a light tiffin?

-Uma

8. Prethi vasu

Prethi vasu Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs C
    I prepared the curryma podi . It blends excellent with cabbage poriyal, beans poriyal and potato fry( I added some garam masala also to it).
    To my surprise it went well with idli and dosai (added some salt to the podi when consuming with idli and dosai) ..Inimel idli podiye thevail illaipole irukku !!!!!!!.
    Have to try this podi for puli kuzhambu ...
    Thanks
    Anbudan
    Prethi

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

10. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

we just had an excellent puloyodharai with vazhai thandu kootu for lunch. (yes i brought some of them from my cousin's house where they grow vazhai maram)the thandu did not have any naarus though (thats how it grows here i guess) anyway it couldn't match the taste like that we get in india but still it was ok.

yest made chinna vngaya sambar with okra. could not write the fb as the website did not open in my browser. sorry

thanks for such lovely recipes

love,
    winnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.