Suggest good investment plans

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by vedamchaitra, Dec 2, 2009.

1. vedamchaitra

vedamchaitra New IL'ite

Please suggest good plans for my 7 month old for her education and retirement plans.. thanks in advance.

2. knsaranya

knsaranya New IL'ite

hi,
    divide all ur investible portion into
    1.equity- Mutual funds; shares--- laong term horizon(10yrs)
    2.debt- bank f/d;r/d; ------ short to medium term (3-7 yrs)
    also PPF as medium to long term (15 yrs)
    3.gold- coins(if purely as investments)
    4.medical insurance ( atleast 5 lacs;preferable family floater)

regards
    knsaranya

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

In my opinion, First I would see what are my monthly expenses....and take home salary....so whatever amount is left, divide that amount into those buckets of savings like retirement, kids education etc...

Good thing you are planning at a very early stage for your kids education (I understand education has become so expensive in India...)

By the way while saving any amount, also ensure you keep the inflation factor in consideration. just to keep your expectations and amount real!!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  4. vedamchaitra

vedamchaitra New IL'ite

Thanks for ur response srividya and saranya. i want to plan good future for our small family. I am new to these money matters.Can u guide me about how to go about it.I think the first and second options of urs will be good for us. can u suggest how to start it?... Thanks a lot

5. knsaranya

knsaranya New IL'ite

hai,
    first regarding MFs..
    - start SIPs in 1-2 good well diversified equity MF( u can start directly thru the MF house or thru some gud brokers)
    -start investing 50% of the investible amount into these MFs.
    -start investing 25% of the amount into bank R/d
    - rest of the 25% u start buying gold coins 24 k for future purpose..

regards

6. deepavvv

deepavvv New IL'ite

where can i sell my 24k gold coins....i heard jewellers take them at a reduced rate and banks dont get them back.....it would be nice if u put some light on gold investments......:)

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Some reputed jewellers do help in exchanging the coins for jewellery from them, but no body will be willing to give cash for the coins.

banks do not buy back because of the RBI guidelines that do not permit any banks from buying.

8. hotcolain

hotcolain New IL'ite

Instead of buying physical gold coins, you could invest in Gold ETFs such as Quantum or Reliance, etc. They are just like physical gold in dematerialized form ( you need to have a demat account to start buying them). When you want to redeem , you can sell them at the prevailing rate in the market. No worry of security of gold coin i.e. keeping it at house, etc. Better way - That's what I think.

Thanks,

RB.

9. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

need suggestions about investment plans

hi guys,

can you all sugegst me some good investment plans for couples both in USA and India? No real estate investment I saw the FD interest rates are pretty low in India now.My considerations are:

1) a safe investment with less risk factor, may be less return , but still the plan should be helpful to provide some financial security during any financial need for non working spouse in future.

2)a bit of aggressive investment with higher return that may also include higher risk factors.

3)what are the best investment plans for newborns both in India and USA to ensure a better future for them when it comes to their education and marriage.

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Re: need suggestions about investment plans

hi

1. open and PPF A/c and put money in it. You can put max 70000 rs, in one year. (8%) interest. Totally Risk free. You can withdraw the amt only after 7 years, and the total withdrawal is possible after 15 years.

2.RD A/c in post office also fetch around 8 %, for five years. Risk Free

3. Invest in Mutual Funds thru SIP (means putting some amount monthly)
    some risk, but good returns

4. Invest in Shares, may be good blue chip shares, from longterm perspective. (risky, but returns are good)

5. For kids also you can open PPF A/c. But the max Rs. 70000/- will be including their A/cs.
    Means you have PPF a/c, and your kids have PPF a/c, in all in a year you can put Rs. 70000/- together in all 3 a/cs. Kids A/c will be linked to one parents.

So your spouse can have different PPF a/c and he/she can also invest Rs. 70000/-

hope the info is useful