I need tourist information about rome,venice,pisa and florence.....

Discussion in 'Travel' started by priya30485, Dec 9, 2009.

1. priya30485

priya30485 New IL'ite

Hai everybody...I am from india and at present i am staying in luxembourg(europe).Me and my husband are planning to go to,rome,pisa,venice,and florece in the month of Dec 20,2009.

Can anyone plz suggest a good and cheap hotel,tourist places,safe areas and not so safe areas etc....

Anyone have the experience?Plz help me....

priya

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009

2. Jayashree Natarajan

Jayashree Natarajan New IL'ite

Hi Priya

Were you able to collect any info. re. the trip. I will be happy if you share information re. your trip to the places mentioned. Even I am planning a trip with my husband and trying to figure out the best possible way to materialise.

Thanks

Jayashree

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Priya and Jayashree

i went to Europe way back in 1986 so things must have really changed a lot now...so cant help you much there..but last ten years wherever we have gone it is with the help of google.....spend a lot of time on the net and meticulously plan it out..it is really fun also that way :) you know exactly what you are interested in seeing rather than being taken to some place which may not be of interest to you.....many people write of their experiences too..

but from my family my parents and my SIL and family have all been to Europe thru SOTC...and they were very happy with indian food and indian company....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,
    Make sure you book your rail passes and make train reservations in advance if you are planning on travelling by train in Italy. You have to make reservations even with passes.
    Look up priceline/travelocity/hotel websites etc to get a good deal. These websites also have reviews of hotels. Try booking in advance to get the best deals.
    You can buy a copy of Frommer's Italy(I have the Italy 2006 book) and loved it! I read the book and decided on places to visit based on the reviews. I'm pretty sure there are tonnes of books out there with reviews on Italy. If you are planning on travelling to other parts of Europe as well, you may want to look at the 15/20 days Eurail pass. We loved travel by train in Europe and the passes were extremely useful.

Have a great vacation!
    L