1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Aspirin - a wonder drug !

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by mach108, Mar 7, 2006.

1. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Although Aspirin has been the main stay for more than 100 years to relieve pain and reduce fever in adults, it has many other more important benefits. The Baby Aspirin (75-81 mg), when taken daily, reduces the risk of heart attack in men, who:
    * Already has one
    * Has family history of these problems
    * Has a combination of risk factors that make us vulnerable to vascular diseases,
    including high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes and over weight

Many elders have one problem or other, in the third category.

In women, in post-menopausal stage, taking low dose of Aspirin regularly, reduced the risk of first stroke, but do not help them to avoid heart attack. This is based on extensive study on around 40,000 women aged 45 and above in U.S.A.

With some individuals, when used regularly, Aspirin may cause bleeding in intestine. Hence, Doctor is to be consulted before taking on a regular basis.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Keep aspirin handy

Dear Manimekalai,
    Once in an interview, Dr.Cherian of MMM advised that every house should keep some aspirins at home. If anyone is not feeling well, has difficulty in breathing or suffocated, 2 aspirin tablets can be dissolved in a glass of water and given immediately and then taken to a hospital. Aspirin prevents blood clot and thus prevents heart blocks and also blocks in the brain. When my b-i-l has such problems, my sister gave this and then took him to hospital. He was saved from a massive heart attack.
    varloo

3. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Aspirin-wonder drug

Hi Varaloo:

It is a life saving information !

Thank you.

4. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

hey ladies,

I had a small doubt....My mom has this problem..Whenever she is too tensed, or nervous, she can't breath.....She finds it very difficult...Whenever she is in the crowd also, she feels very suffocated and finds difficult to breathe...Can she take asprin for immediate relief...? Please suggest.....