Towards 100,000 Members - Dell Mini 10" Laptop Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL’ites,

Today, we are announcing a contest that hopefully helps us to become a 100,000 member community soon. The best way to grow IL without diluting our character is through referrals and word of mouth of our existing IL’ites. This contest is a small effort to help our members to take that extra step to spread the word about Indusladies.com.

So, what is the contest? When we hit 100,000 members, we will conduct a lucky draw. For every member who has joined IL based on your referral, you will get one entry into the lucky draw. The winner of the lucky draw gets a Dell 10” Mini Laptop!. Yes, a laptop!

Please see some pictures of the prize below.

Mini1.jpg

Mini 2.jpg

Mini 3.jpg

Mini 4.jpg

Mini 5.jpg

Please see next posts for Frequently Asked Questions related to this contest.

P.S
    1. This contest replaces a very old contest that we announced more than 2 years ago.
    2. If you live outside US, you will get a cash gift equivalent to $300.

2. Induslady

What is a referral?
    If a person joins IL and if they put your name in the referrer box while registering (please see screenshot below), then you have 1 referral.

-----------
    Referrer Box.jpg

How can I refer IL to my friends.

There are three ways to do that. Please see screenshots of all below.
    a) Use the Tell-A-Friend link on the top of every page. If you fill your IL username, the message sent to your friends will instruct them to put your IL username in the referrer box while registering.
    b) Forward any IL thread to your friends using the Threads Tools->Email This Page option. That link already has your referrer ID built in. If they end up registering, you will get credit for the referral.
    c) Take your referral link from the referrer statistics page (Quick Links -> Referral Statistics) and manually email it to friends.

a) Tell-A-Friend
    -----------
    Tell A Friend.jpg

b) Forward IL Discussions
    -----------
    Email This Page.jpg

c) Email Friends & Family
    -----------
    Referrer ID.jpg

How can I know my total referrals and the specific users who have joined based on my referral?
    You can see that in the referrer statistics page. Find your total number of referrals in the box on the top of the page and scroll down to find the specific users.

Many members have joined IL based on my referral, but they didn’t put my name in the referral box.
    Unfortunately, we can’t do manual updates. Going forward, please provide your friends with your IL username and ask them to positively put your IL username in the referrer box.

What are the other requirements around this contest.
    1. A member should have activated the registration to count as a referral.
    2. Do not create phony IDs to increase your referral count. We have pretty clean IP/Cookie tracking to identify bogus registrations. If we find abuse, we will disqualify that member from the contest. IL decision is final in this regard.
    3. Do not spam others with your referral link. Send emails only to people you know (friends/family)

Any questions, comments, please update below.

3. Induslady

Adding Placeholder for Additional FAQs on this topic.

4. sheetal

sheetal New IL'ite

This is a great idea. I just used the tell a friend option to email about 30 of my friends. That mini laptop is eyecatching. When will we hit 100,000 members?

Sheetal

5. suresh56

suresh56 New IL'ite

Hi

For 100000 membership,circulate the main 3 advantage to individual of operation using this site. Ask each individual to share about this site with 10 of their friends/relatives who are not aware of this site. They will have to share with another 10 new members.

In fact the Goal,mission,vision of Site needs to be shared with all and like MLM the msg. spreads.

tks.

Suresh
    India
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. yjazzi

yjazzi New IL'ite

Good job gals. Keep it up

7. mithu143

mithu143 New IL'ite

Thats a great opportunity indeed. Thanks for the offer. I'll surely try my bit to get into the draw. Wish you best of luck for the camapign.

8. SudhaRSV

SudhaRSV New IL'ite

I am also trying to get many more referels. THough i am the latest member joined today.

All the best for those trying for laptop.

9. amudni

amudni New IL'ite

Wish you all the best of luck for the campaign.

10. justajay

justajay New IL'ite

hi,
    i am ajay happy to contest in this.