Feedback about The Schram Academy

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Jun 16, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,

For small children they are not working on saturdays... this year only i saw the saturday working days in the school calender for higher classes... i don't know the details ....

2. DivineVictory

DivineVictory New IL'ite

Hello Anitha,

I am planning to move to chennai also begining of next year. We are looking at Schrams, one reason its closer to our house and other reason is to get kids initially adjusted to school which has less ratio of students so that teachers can help in making our children comfortable due to the transition. My in-laws have been enquiring about this school and the student ratio is less than 30 in a class. Also there are around 10 buses that pick children for transportation. Teachers are nice and there are extra curricular activities like swimming and more.

I think the applications will be given in November....I live in Dallas currently and I noticed you are in Chicago. When are you planing to go back. It will be nice to keep in touch so that we can meet in Chennai as your child will be going to 2nd standard also.

Take care
    Divya

3. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Does anybody know when they are issuing application for schram academy at the Maduravoyal campus?, thanks in advance and appreciate your help.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. kchams

kchams New IL'ite

I visited Schram Academy , Maduravoyil Campus during the second week of December , met the Principal and what she communicated was the Applications will be issued from December 19. But please be aware that the admissions are only for the Schram@Nolambur where they have from Pre-KG until Class V. The Maduravoyil campus is full and no admissions and be on the waiting list. We visited the Nolambur campus and i would completely drop the idea of sending my kid to that campus. It is right behind the Raja Rajeshwari Engineering College campus in Maduravoyil. The school ambience is very poor and there are couple of tea stalls opposite to the school. The class rooms are very cramped, there are no cubbies to place bags and lunch bages are all on the floors. Shocking still is no proper ventilation and there is no generator , the time we went to have a look no current and the kids are all stuffy. Lots of flies , the bathroom are just opposite to the class rooms. So you can get a picture of this Nolambur campus. Please do not send kids to this Campus. Maduravoyil Campus alone is good to look....

5. abiramy

abiramy New IL'ite

Hai all,

Is any of your kid going to Schram Academy Maduravoyl branch? If you can you please give me your feed back about this school? I have a 4 year old son and have got admission to this school for the next academic year 2010-2011. Is this school good compared to PSBB millenium, Porur and Lachateleine? Kindly give your comments.

Thanks,
    Abiramy.R

6. RenukaMuthu

RenukaMuthu New IL'ite

Hi Anita,

I am also moving from Chicago to Valasaravakkam in June 2010. I also have two kids, my daughter going to 6th grade and son going to 7th grade. Heard about Schram Academy and also Padma Seshadri Millenium school in Gerugambakkam [near Porur].
    I have sent a friend request to you, and if you are interested please add me to your contacts.

7. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Hi Renu,

thanks for the invite, i've accepted, We have moved to valasaravakkam and put the kids in Schram, we tried the Psbb Mill. too, but in vain. All is for good I guess, we like the school so far. So where have you placed the kids?

Anitha.

8. Thameema

Thameema New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    My daughter is studying in the Schram Academy and i can say that it is the WORST CBSE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL. Parents who really love their kids please dont put your ward in that school. she is studying there from pre school but the school has not changed even a little.There is only PARTIALITY in the school. NO NEATNESS, NO DISCIPLINE. very worst. all the extra curricular activities promised are also only for name sake and often goes without a teacher. the academic year beging without appointing a teacher for a class and the ayya amma takes care instead of the teacher. they are intrested only in collecting money. every year the fees increases by 1000 rs. they are only intrested in money making. not in the development of school. Dear friends i have burnt my fingers and regretting for putting my daughter in that school. please dont put your ward in that school.

9. Thameema

Thameema New IL'ite

there is no 30:1 ratio and all. they are simply dumping children. the school bags are not given the school shoes are not given , but money for these are collected from may itself. there are no field trips as promised by them. we dont even get to know what is happening in school unless we visit there daily (actually nothing happens at all). there is no proper communication. they post an image as if they are sooooooooooo sweet, but actually in reality they are not.

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Thameena,

Which class you kid is studying? I agree with you to some extent with some of the activities in the school...They lag behind in providing the School shoes this year too.. My kid is also in Schram academy for the past 2 years..she is in her 1st std at Maduravoyal campus.. i felt Park Road campus good.. still don't know much about the main campus...

after reading your post, i feel a bit tensed.