1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for Washing Machine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by padmaiyangar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tips for Washing Machine[/FONT]​
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Semi-automatic top loading machines are good for use in such places that face electricity and water problems. In these machines manual intervention would be required . [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Automatic top loading also needs manual intervention. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Front loading doesn’t require manual intervention but are quite expensive. [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wash load is the amount of clothes (in kgs.) that the washing machine can handle at a time. Home-use washing machines in India have a capacity of 3 kgs to 10 kgs. The choice of a washing machine would be dependent on your washing needs. [/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auto Restart facility helps in case the wash process is interrupted due to power failure. This feature restarts the machine from the point the cycle wash interrupted.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Automatic Drainage is applied at the end of the wash and rinse cycles. This feature automatically drains out the water.[/FONT]​
    5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Child Lock prevents unauthorized opening to the lid while the machine is in operation.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]washing machine maintaince[/FONT]​
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Place your machine nearest to a water connection, a three-point socket, and a proper drainage system.[/FONT]​
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t overload your machine. [/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clothes with metal buttons and zippers should be washed separately, light coloured clothes separately, and so on.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Using the right detergent in the right quantity is very important. You can use 10 litres of water and ½ a scoop of recommended detergent.[/FONT]​
    5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Woollen clothes should not be spin-dried as they lose their shape and become matted. [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To save energy [/FONT]
    Wash most clothes in warm or cold water, but take care to rinse in cold water.
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use hot water only if the machine specifications state that you can use it. [/FONT]​
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Switching the washer temperature setting from hot to warm, could reduce a load’s energy in half.[/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t use too much detergent. Follow the instructions on the box. Oversudsing makes your machine work harder and use more energy.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t mix chemicals. Combinations can be dangerous. Bleach, for instance, when mixed with rust inhibitor, releases poisonous gases.[/FONT]​

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="95%" border=0><TD vAlign=center width="84%" height=28>

2. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

Very Use full me

can you please Company Purchase for Washing Machin pl.send to me .
    Which powdre use for washing machine.

ketal

3. ramakrishna

ramakrishna New IL'ite

madam padma,

tips is very useful and i will tell my wife to use the tips

thanks

ramakrishna:yes:

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the great tips dear, I wasnt aware fo child lock facility in a WM!

5. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

thanks for the tips.:thumbsup

6. akhi20

akhi20 Senior IL'ite

useful tips....!!!

7. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Childlock facility is available on Automatic Washing Machines. Whirlpool is one such brand that has a child lock. I have Whirlpool fully automatic washing machine Top Load that has a child lock.

Child Lock usually is not available with semi-automatic machines.

8. mrsmanzoor

mrsmanzoor Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot...this helped me a lot:thumbsup

9. alvin34

alvin34 New IL'ite

Hello

These tips are really very useful. Thanks for sharing this informative information. I have got lot of information from this post.

Thanks
    Have a nice time ahead.

10. SumitraRavibabu

SumitraRavibabu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Your info was very informative. As i am thinking of changing my WM, this came to my attn, really very happy. Pls also suggest a good brand WM and if top loading or front loading is best.

Regards,
    SumitraRavibabu

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009