Need Info about Paris

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Aniyaa, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

dear indus - friends :)

We are planning a week end visit to paris...

I need some information regarding the hotels in paris .. I am looking for a safe area , not too far from metro(so that i can easily reach tourist spots) , and not too expensive...

Also please suggest me the places that I should visit in Paris.

:wave
    Thanks,
    Aniya

2. deeptidixit

deeptidixit New IL'ite

Hi
    I am also going to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Paris</st1:place></st1:City> in August,I booked an apartment since my brother is also joining us from banglore , and we are going by car .and we are vegetarian ,so I must cook . that apartment cost me 150euro for 4 days .for transport u can use varios passes , just look http://www.conciergerie.com/main.htm?O=PO&P=paris_metro_pass.htm
    And there are museum passes for 2 day , 4 days or a week , for 2 days 79 euro with free entry to museum and I think with transport , eiffle tower is not included , also check http://www.parisbreak.co.uk/leisure/kids.asp I hope it help you.

deepti

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  3. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

Thanks Deepti and Dully , for your replies..
    I will get in touch with you , in case I need more help

:thankyou2:

4. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi,

Paris is a beautiful place and it is best enjoyed by foot. The local train service is excellent and you can go to almost any place using it . All you need to do is have a plan.

This website gives all the information you need to visit Paris:
    Paris Places of Interest and Tourist Information

Some of the must see places are Notre Dame, Triomphe De Arc, Eiffel Tower, Louvre museum - before going to Louvre, either read up Da Vinci code or buy the museum information book inside the museum an then go around looking, it will throw a lot of light and you will enjoy. I spent almost a ay in Louvre - if you are an art buff and if you have time, don't miss Versailles. Here you get to visit the palace of Louis XVI and Mary Antinnotte (Paris Places of Interest and Tourist Information). French revolution i very intereting and you get see the actual rooms where it all happened. If you are interested, Normandy is another place to visit (Battle of Normandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

It is very easy to travel by train and the only trouble we had was sometimes with food (esp if you are vegetarian) and water - it is quite expensive. We just carried water around along with a some snacks and fruits. That said, we travelled with a one year old and had a fantastic time.

My sincere advise, look up the places, see the distances and plan your trip. Everything else is easy. Hope it helps.

All of you out there going on a holiday to Paris, have a great time.