Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visalakshmi

visalakshmi New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I - My Unknown Side - Unleashed..

Hi preeti,

I m viz from mumbai, india:wave . i joined this community a week before. i just read about u n i just want to say, "WOW" :2thumbsup: . I never met any one like u before in my life till now. I enjoy what i read n your humar.I always want to be happy n posative aproch no mater what. I m trying my best to be so.

Enjoy your day , make people laugh, always.:wink:

2. meenu61

meenu61 New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

hey everybody,My name is Meenu and I hv been staying in Bangkok from last 25 yrs and hv just moved down in china.I hv two kids a daughter 21 yrs studing in new york and son 19 yrs studing in Boston.hope to keep in touch with everybody.Thanks

3. Tanyav

Tanyav New IL'ite

:-D :wave Hello Friends,

I am new in your team and i registered today.

I am married, just one year before. Trying to adjust with all new situations.

Cheers,
    Tanya

4. anuradhabhunia

anuradhabhunia New IL'ite

Hi Kavya and the other members!
    I am Anuradha and just joined this group. I was born in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh but brought up in Bombay. My husband is a bengali and was raised in Calcutta. We met in Bombay as he came there to fulful his dreams. We spent a few years after our marraige in Bombay and then moved to Lagos, Nigeria to pursue our careers along with our only son. We spent 18 years there.By profression, my husband is a polymer technologist and was working in a British company in Lagos in a senior position. I am a teacher and was head of the department of Biology, V.Principal and teaching grade 11 & 12 students in a CBSE school in Lagos. After my son completed all his schooling in the same CBSE school, he moved to States to complete his degree in computer engineering and soft ware from University of Wisconsin. In Lagos we were earning well but there were some major infra structure problems. Thefts and power shortage were a few from a whole lot of things. Thus, in 2001 my husband and I decided to migrate to Canada to have a different life style. My son also migrated from States to Toronto and works as a technical consultant. 2 and a half years back my son got married and we all live together in Toronto. I have continued my profession as a teacher and currently working in a private school teaching students with learning disorders.
    It was very tough in the first year as it was a huge culture shock ineracting with students here. The strategies used in North American environment are so different from the disciplinary methods we use in the Indian system. However, I very much enjoy teaching now. My husband is working in a company that manufactures different types of tapes, post-its etc; I enjoy cooking a lot and I relax on the week-ends by trying out new recipes. All of my family members love traveling and we have travelled to many places all over the world. I am a good bharatnatyam dancer and I was very active in Lagos and presented many cultural programs. Off late I have been not culturally active.
    Lastly , I request you to give me some tips to give me an idea of all the different areas I can browse and participate in. Bye evryone!
    Anuradha

5. anuradhabhunia

anuradhabhunia New IL'ite

Hi Kavya and the other members!
    I am Anuradha and just joined this group. I was born in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh but brought up in Bombay. My husband is a bengali and was raised in Calcutta. We met in Bombay as he came there to fulful his dreams. We spent a few years after our marraige in Bombay and then moved to Lagos, Nigeria to pursue our careers along with our only son. We spent 18 years there.By profression, my husband is a polymer technologist and was working in a British company in Lagos in a senior position. I am a teacher and was head of the department of Biology, V.Principal and teaching grade 11 & 12 students in a CBSE school in Lagos. After my son completed all his schooling in the same CBSE school, he moved to States to complete his degree in computer engineering and soft ware from University of Wisconsin. In Lagos we were earning well but there were some major infra structure problems. Thefts and power shortage were a few from a whole lot of things. Thus, in 2001 my husband and I decided to migrate to Canada to have a different life style. My son also migrated from States to Toronto and works as a technical consultant. 2 and a half years back my son got married and we all live together in Toronto. I have continued my profession as a teacher and currently working in a private school teaching students with learning disorders.
    It was very tough in the first year as it was a huge culture shock ineracting with students here. The strategies used in North American environment are so different from the disciplinary methods we use in the Indian system. However, I very much enjoy teaching now. My husband is working in a company that manufactures different types of tapes, post-its etc; I enjoy cooking a lot and I relax on the week-ends by trying out new recipes. All of my family members love traveling and we have travelled to many places all over the world. I am a good bharatnatyam dancer and I was very active in Lagos and presented many cultural programs. Off late I have been not culturally active.
    Lastly , I request you to give me some tips to give me an idea of all the different areas I can browse and participate in. Bye evryone!
    Anuradha

6. shatiksha

shatiksha Guest

HELLO FRIENDS!
    i am shatiksha.
    i came to know about INDUSLADY recently, and i am very happy to find a society full of great events.
    i am married one-and-a half year before and now may be in dubai.
    may anyone receiding there tell me about that country.
    i am an creative lady and also running hobby courses regarding art's and craft.
    I MAY BE VERY GREATFUL TO RECEIVE ANY TYPE OF HELP.

BYE
    LOVE U ALL
    SHATIKSHA.
    :wave

7. anjum

anjum New IL'ite

:-D hi!i am anjum from karnataka--45yrs old,married with 2 children---interested in cooking,interior decoration,shopping--------

8. Marupiravi

Marupiravi New IL'ite

Who Am I?

Hello everybody, I am marupiravi from US.
    I like to cook, dance, play games etc.,
    If any body want to contact leave a message here i will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am from India. Born and brought up in chennai.

9. meenu61

meenu61 New IL'ite

Hi! Tanya,nice meeting you and even i am trying to adjust in china,after staying in Bangkok for 25 yrs.its very difficult as hv lot of language problem nobody speaks english here.But anyways life goes on.:-D

10. santhu

santhu New IL'ite

hi ,

i am new to this board. all the best to all.

:wave
    santhu(santhoshi)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.