Anyone from AURANGABAD???

Discussion in 'Western India' started by naafiyaparvez, Nov 16, 2008.

1. naafiyaparvez

naafiyaparvez New IL'ite

Hi

is there anybody out here from Aurangabad?? i have just moved in ....so may be you could help me know the local places, restaurants, tailor, school etc etc

2. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Can you give any information about visiting the Ajanta / Ellora caves from Aurangabad? How far they are etc?

3. amrita.sinha

amrita.sinha Senior IL'ite

Hi

My In-Laws stay in Aurangabad.So I know little bit about Aurangabad.
    We use to go there.During my marriage My in-laws and Husband did shopping from Aurangabad only.

Ajanta and Ellora caves are about 100 kms from Aurangabad.Due tojob and Home I never got chance to visit Ajanta Ellora Ki Gufaye.Now kids are grown up.So I can go there.
    This time I will definitely plan.:)

4. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi Amrita,
    Do post in your travel details once you visit Ajanta and Ellora. It will be really nice to go through it.

Regards,
    VSAR:thumbsup

5. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I have been to Aurangabad. Its a cool place. Nice to go out from our routine fast and furious life. The caves are beautiful. Its better if you have your own vehicle or book one.

6. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

I lived in Aurangabad for 5 years way back in the eighties i.e. from 1979 until 1984 in Navyug Colony, Padampura. I have some lovely memories of Aurangabad. Ajanta-Ellora Caves are awesome! Bibi ka Maqbara, Panchakki are some of the historical places to visit. I studied at the Holy Cross School, it's a good school. All the best to you and hope you enjoy Aurangabad just as much as I did as a child.

7. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Dear NafiyaParvez, et all,

Aurangabad is a nice place but now getting bigger and crowded everyday.

In terms of school, there are few major schools that I know of but you need to find out more about the recent schools and their standards.
    Marathi/English medium schools - Saraswati Bhuvan education trust - in heart of city. They have primary, secondary schools and college until graduation.
    Convents - St. Fransis, Holly Cross, kendriya vidyalay
    College - Govt. Engg. College, Govt. Medical college, other private engg. colleges like JNEC, MIT etc.
    Restaurants - this is the most dynamic lot :) So can't tell about them now. But there are good 5 star hotels and restaurant all over the place.
    Tailor - again they should be in your locality. Else they are there near Eknath Ranga Mandir or Gulmandi (main shopping area).
    Ajanta - 100 km. from A'bad.
    Ellora - 28 km in the other direction of Ajanta.

You can use this travel agency number to find out more about arranging tours. I had got it for my friend's visit.
    Archana travels
    Deepak: 0240-2358586 / Cell : 9850954822
    Guide : Amol

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  8. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hey thanks for posting the information for Ajanta and Ellora Tours. Really nice of you. :thumbsup Will be very useful for me.

9. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

hello Naafiya i live in Aurangabad and would be more than happy to be in touch with you and help you out if you need something

10. deepajahagirdar

deepajahagirdar New IL'ite

Yes this is deepa from aurangabad. I will be happy to help somebody.:)