A word of thanks to chitra maam.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by crossiants, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Dear CV,

Heartfelt thanks to you. Have never gone wrong with the finished product everytime I try your recipies as you also give alterations if things go wrong, knowing the common mistakes people make .. which is amazing!!!..May be the times it turned out to be " sumaar" is when the instructions are not followed verbatim..

You are super cyber teacher.. Thank you once again for all your time and effort and mouth watering colorfully posted recipies..

All topics are my favourites, but top most favourites are the gravies, tiffins,sweets, savories and gadgets galore threads...

Hugs to you..

-Shilpa.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Crossiants,
    It is really thoughtful of you to start this thread.

When I think about the contributionof Chithra Ma'm,an anecdote crosses my mind.When Swami Vivekananda met Ramakrishna Paramahamsar, he asked whether Ramakrishnar has seen God.He replied that he has seen God & will show the God to Vivekanandar as well.It shows two things, one the calibre of the person & the generosity to share a great expertise with others.Everytime I make one of the your dishes ,I think of this.
    I joined the forum to learn traditional cooking, as the introduction states "The expert in yesteryears recipes ".I would definitely say that I've learnt much more.Kudos to the multifaced Chithra Ma'm.

Love,
    Damini.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Mam,
    Once again soldier is back with another post.
    Cannot but admire your work in this site.
    Wow. How may recipes, how many slokas, how many posts. My whole life time may not be enough to read all these for i get very few PC hrs.
    Now my admiration has towered to such an extent that u have become kind of wikipedia!!!!!!
    Whatever i feel like knowing abt this site i feel like asking u only.
    Is there any database of ILites available so that we can look out for any of our friends already registered here?

Bi.
    Thanks and gud nit.

4. kannviji

kannviji New IL'ite

Dear Mam,
    I always like to have green leafy vegetables.I came across ur thread(kuzhambus) today.I was really surprised.You have posted the "Dill Masoor dall".It will be very useful to be.Thanks for ur post.Please do post on north indian green leafy vegetables.

Viji

5. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'am,

"Thanks" is a small word of expression if I want to convey how grateful I am for all your guidance - be it on the religious forum or in the cookery forum. I have definitely become more spiritually inclined thanks to my association with you and your posts through IL.

On the cookery side, your recipes always make me nostalgic and it is a treasure trove of recipes and tips.

Your blogs reflect your wisdom, experience and maturity - mix of tradition and modernity.

I am amazed at the wealth of talent that you are bestowed with, truly !!

Even when I had some challenging times earlier on this year, my hopes were given wings as soon as I decided that I need to get back to IL and I read many of your posts and blogs again.

I hope and pray God gives you and your family good health, peace and happiness at all times.

With love
    Pavithra

6. lublubna

lublubna New IL'ite

Dear CV,

MAny thanks from my side as well!

we all love you.

thanks

Lubna

7. mrsmanzoor

mrsmanzoor Senior IL'ite

hi there
    me too joining u guys!!!
    though im not a vegetarian...but a lover of sweets...i was viewing her thread (i love sweets) in morning today.. immediately took paper and pen and writing down all her dessert recipes...will try from tommorow.
    she is very talented woman with lots of variety in her dishes..i dont have words to express her.
    she is simply the best
    keep sharing your wonderfull desert recipes chitra maam
    best wishes

8. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

chitramaam&all her fans!!!!
    chitraji.can u pls give me ur contacts or anyway i c an reach you cos i'm coming to chennai from 9th&10th Dec..I'm a silent admirer of urs
    Fellow I'lites!!!...give me a way how i can get in touch with her cos i cannot PM ..i will stay in adayar when i come&my contact number u can take from the directory...pls mama..try&call me so that i can call you back!!!
    bye thanks
    radhavj
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra Mami,

I really appreciate your efforts ma. I have started cooking the recipes and almost now i make it a point to cover atleast 2 recipes. I m so happy to tell u kalyana rasam, jiffy kootu, and vegetable kurma came so well. Family members all liked the items very much. I hope all other recipes also are made by me properly. Thanking you very much ma.

10. shivany

shivany Bronze IL'ite

dear chitra mam,
    tried ur splendid aviyal recipe.my husband is having cholestrol.the grated carrot variation went off just well and my husband could not find out at all.am very grateful to you mam.please continue the good work mam.thanks once again(also made the tamarind paste;very useful for sambhar early morning as am working).
    luv shivany