Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. bharu81

bharu81 New IL'ite

Re: Applications for LKG for the year 2010 - 2011

Dear sasha,

is it the the BVB and Bharatiya vidya bavan schools are different ones?
    i am living at kilpauk and i am also looking for admissions for 2010.i heard that kola saraswathi issuing forms on 18 th december and maharishi issuing on 1 st or 2 nd(dont know exactly).

Any reviews about maharishi vidya mandir?

is it SBOA school's age criteria is different than other cbse schools?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. SheerinKhan

SheerinKhan New IL'ite

PSBB Millenium OMR school review

I am planning to put my son in PSBB Millenium OMR for LKG. I would like to know about the school infrastructure, teachers, security, safety etc. Please let me know if its a overall good school. Thanks in advance.

3. Vijaylakshmi

Vijaylakshmi New IL'ite

Re: Applications for LKG for the year 2010 - 2011

Hi Sasha,

Chinmaya and Bhavans Rajaji vidyashram are good CBSE schools in kilpauk.

I am also looking for LKG admission to my daughter in the above two schools.

If you get any information like admission procedure, donation, recommendations for above schools, pls do share with me.

Thanks
    Viji

4. Venma

Venma New IL'ite

LKG Admission

LKG Admission near Saligramam, Vadapalani, Ashok Nagar, Anna Nagar, Kodambakkam,
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Hello Friends,

**** LKG Admission Query, ****
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We are recently relocated to Chennai. My son is 3.5 now: DOB: 04<SUP>th</SUP> May 2006, currently attending nursery at Euro Kids.

We are put up near Ambika Empire, 100 Ft road, Vadapalani.

I’m really confused about school admission in Chennai, when few schools issue application other schools completes admission, real dilemma to choose school. My job is transferable and I will be in Chennai for max 2 years.

Please provide rating some of the schools mentioned below, good infrastructure in school is important to me.

• <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Scharam</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Academy</st1:placeType></st1:place>, Anna Nagar (They will provide notification in first week of DEC[​IMG])
    • PSBB Millenium, GST Road (they told they have transportation facility to our locality, I need to make complete payment for admission by 23<SUP>rd</SUP> Dec, 2009. Really confused to accept admission offer or reject it considering distance, since other schools just start admission process at this time[​IMG])
    • Chennai Public School (They asked to contact in Jan 2010, I prefer this school, but it is too late, I fear if I decline PSBB millennium and my son does n’t make it to CPS interview, that will be worst case:drowning)
    Pls. add other good schools, if any and provide valuable suggestion in complex decentralized Chennai school admission process to choose right school.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. sakthicharan

sakthicharan New IL'ite

Re: PSBB Millenium OMR school review

Hi

I don't know about OMR branch in particular, but I hear many negative feedbacks about PSBBmillineum school. They are still experimenting with many things and seem to be unsettled yet. They mess up a lot at the cost of the parents. Shifted the school campus from GST road to Porur (from 5th std) which caused inconvenience to many parents, who were forced to shift their houses to different areas for easy access to school. The school fees and transportation fees in particular are very high compared to other schools, doesn't seem to justify it in educational standard they are providing. My neighbours kid is studying there, if you see his subject notebooks, you have to do so many corrections in it. There are so many mistakes in a page, where the teacher had just put a tick mark and had signed. The transportation department is the worst. The department head's attitude is shocking. He plainly says "if you want to send your kid in the school bus,send,
    otherwise I don't care. I have so many applicants for the bus" Ball is in his court, once you pay the fees and take the admission what choice have you got? My neighbours kid is getting into the bus at 6.15a.m everyday to school which is just 6 to 7 km away from the house, not getting adequate sleep also.So many years of hardwork, name and fame of Mrs.YGP is easily getting spoiled because of this Institution. Talk to some parents who are sending children to that school before deciding, that might save a lot of your future tension and money.

Sakthicharan

6. chennaimother

chennaimother New IL'ite

Hi Venma,

Out of three options you are planning Chennai Public School is the best. Other than these schools you can also find out about Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashoknagar.

7. nikkila

nikkila New IL'ite

good luck. NO schools in India can be like any schools in usa. they only ask for high fees and tehir standards are very low...kids deserve a lot better than this

8. montage9

montage9 New IL'ite

Re: hi

Hi Kanaka,

I too am interested in getting information about PSBB T.Nagar. It is great that you have someone working there, could you please let me know about the following details:-

1. When do they start giving out admission forms?.
    2. Is PSBB TNagar a CBSE school?.
    3. What is the admission process?.
    4. Do they ask for donation?.
    5. Is the teach comparable to other PSBB schools (nungambakkam, kknagar)?.
    6. How is the fee approximately per year?.

Thanks,
    -Priya

9. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Hi bharu81,

Bhavans and bhartiya vidya bhavan - they have different buildings but the management is one

Kola saraswathi - is not upto the mark of bvb or chinmaya. i went there to get the application but not happy with the school.

Maharishi vidya mandir - heard that it's a good school. they teach more slokas and prayers it seems, being a muslim , i am not interested. But it's a good school.

i too don't know abt the criteria recommentations etcc...

ILites pls help us - tell us if u know the criteria on which these schools select the children.

i am a working mother - do they reject my application because of this reason???????????????

10. anivj

anivj New IL'ite

Schools in Adambakkam

Hi Shanthi,

It is really GREAT to see you having all details in your fingertips. I have been a silent reader of all the threads so far. And now, we are coming back to chennai in few months. We have our home in Adambakkam and my son is 2 yrs, 4 months by today. So, I am looking for schools to join him in Pre-KG from 2010 mid.

So far, I could see v.few good schools near our home.

1) DAV adambakkam - my relative kids go here - since the kids are v.bright and always get 1st rank, their parents are happy with the school. But looking at their books, i know its v.tough for an average student- so, I am not completely OK for putting my son in that school.
    2) DAV velacherry - from the forum, I get the feeling that many people do not like this school.
    3) Britto academy - Only from your input, I feel the school is good.
    4) Kendriya Vidyalaya (near Palavanthangal railway station) - How is this school? Are they good?. I heard getting a seat here is difficult.

Other than these 4 schools, I do not hear any good CBSE schools near adambakkam
    area. Am I right?

Rightnow, I feel more towards SBA, since your kids are also studying there. I want to know , 1) how strict they are? And also, 2) how about extracurricular activities? I want my son to be involved in dancing, drawing, sports etc. Does this school encourage all these? 3) And do the kids talk in English? I dont want my son to study in a school where people talk in tamil....I heard schools like DAV adambakkam, do not encourage any cultural activities(dancing etc) in their annual day - I do not like these things. I want my son to have all fun as I had in my childhood. 4) How is their annual day celebrated?Do they have fun?

I know, I ask too many questions....but I know you are the right person to answer all these as you have 2 kids in that school. Can you please enlighten me with your reply. THANKS A LOT for your patience & help.

-Anitha.