1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Tampa, FL - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Tampa' started by Tampa, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Tampa

Tampa New IL'ite

Hi! I was wondering if there were other Indusladies near the Tampa area. Work and school normaly suck up so much time that socializing has become a thing of the past. Holi came and went by and I hardly recognized the event.
    Tampa

2. ArchanaAshok

ArchanaAshok New IL'ite

Re: Anyone in the Tampa area?

Hi,

I will be moving to Tampa in a couple of weeks. I am in the California Bay area now. Can u suggest some good apartments where Desis are around. I would prefer it close to Martin Luther King Hwy. I have no idea about this place. Please suggest some place.

Archana

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom New IL'ite

hi

even i have moved recently to the tampa bay area. not many indians here. glad to see your posts

4. sanjuswetha

sanjuswetha New IL'ite

Hi,

I recently moved from michigan to tampa, florida. I heard that there will be more indians in the apartments nearby verizon office (telecom pkwy), i think, the apartment name is PRESERVE, i am not sure. I am also very new to the place. we are in a apartment near temple terrace. in this apartment no indians are available. anyway happy to hear from u.

1 person likes this.
  5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom New IL'ite

hi,
    welcome to tampa

u r right, there r lots of indians near verizon office, especially in the apartments called Carlton Arms in Fletcher avenue . anyways i live in the tampa palms area. ..

1 person likes this.
  6. arpitakabra

arpitakabra New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Arpita...from Lake Wales (near Winter Haven), FL. I face the same thing as you do....no time for socializing....that's why I have signed up here thinking that I might find some friends here :-D . So, what do you do besides work and school? If you like, keep in touch...I would also like to make new friends....as I am really bored from my routine life of work and work....:-D .

Regards,

Arpita
    Let's Share Feelings

7. sanjuswetha

sanjuswetha New IL'ite

Hi cherry blossom and arpita,

nice to see ur messages. that is good to know that there are more indians in the apt called carlton arms, we are in the idea of moving to a new apartment, the apt lease is going to end (4 months lease) october, so i will look into those apartment, where indians live more.

hi arpita, the blog is good, actually before coming to usa, i was there in delhi about 4years. basically we are from southindia(tamilnadu), but we celebrated holi, diwali and other more festivals in north very well.

really missing india very much.

sanju.

8. arpitakabra

arpitakabra New IL'ite

Hi Sanju,

Great to hear back from you. Also, thanks for visiting my blog.
    Are you from Tampa? Well, Tampa and Orlando still have a lot of Indians...but I live in Lake Wales and we only have few Indians here.....so sometimes it's very boring not to see anyone around from India. As you mentioned in your previous post...that Holi came and went by and you didn't ever recognized the event......it's generally the case here with us.....we hardly celebrate any Indian festivals. But, sometimes we try to go to my aunt's place (100 miles drive one way) to celebrate some of our Indian festivals....that's the best possible way here. I hope you see more Indians around you...so that you don't have to face what we do here :-D .
    Ok then talk to you later....bye for now.

9. sanjuswetha

sanjuswetha New IL'ite

arpita,

happy to hear form u arpita, Yes, i also heard that, in this area there are more indians, but did n't get a chance to see. waiting to move to a new apartment. then how is life at ur end? being a home maker, really it is very boring in home. but somehow i manage the time to watch tv's and reading books. ok, see u later, bye

10. arpitakabra

arpitakabra New IL'ite

Hi Sanju,

Thanks for replying back.
    Well, life at my end is really busy......sometimes 24 hours a day feel short to finish up the work load. I look forward to a break where I can stay at home for few days, watch movies, do whatever I want to do, and just relax. But, it never happens.
    On the other hand, you are a home maker......you stay at home most of the time....but you get bored out of it......hmmmm. I think we should share our daily schedule with each other :-D ....that way I will get some time to relax and you will get some time to get out of your stay at home life:goodidea: ........just kidding. However, I think we should do something for our routine lives......I should do something to get relax.....and I guess you should get involved in some activities which will keep you little bit away from your stay at home life, which makes you bored. :yes: .......may be.......we will find out a way.
    Ok then talk to u later....take care...bye for now.