April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. akshitha

akshitha Junior IL'ite

hai everyboby,
    I have reached india by last week. Busy in getting appointments at hospitals before my DH going to dubai.
    Here in chennai i consulted nirmala jayashankar at appollo hospital.Done the doppler.I heared the LO heartbeat.

i too had hip pain(left side).Ultrasound is on nov 25th.
    I had a thyroid problem too..(hyperthyroidism).

Regards,
    Ak****ha

2. suhaana

suhaana Senior IL'ite

Hi Folks,

Woosh so many posts, spent the last 20 mins just reading everyone's posts now am going to reply.

Sonu , Priya,

Warmest welcome and heartiest congratulations on your pregnancy?? How are you doing? Did u experience any of the usual pregnancy symptoms like nausea, vomiting??

Ak****a

Welcome back dear!! I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid. I had my thyroid profile done recently and thankfully it was normal. What does one experience in hyperthyroid during pregnancy, would you mind if I asked you to share?

Amul,

I can understand how you are feeling with ur mom going away soon. Don't worry dear, I;m sure ur DH will take good care of you and we all are here to keep ur spirits high.

Amul / Kutty / Sandiya

My hip pain has also increased. Though I experience it for a couple of hours in the morning but it's quiet uncomfortable. Even I'm having trouble at night while I sleep as I feel heavy on my stomach and changing sides during night is so uncomfortable ! Last night I could only sleep around 1. To top it all I've started having gas problems because of the stuck gas my tummy hurts, specially at night and mornings so at night trying to go off to sleep is difficult and in the morning my lower tummy hurts cause of stuck gas. PPl in office think I'm being melodramatic.....

No Amul, I haven't yet started the saffron milk. Is it good?? Please share. Till now I've had only abdominal u/s and I have 2 pics of my baby....I keep looking and feeling glee.

Gotta run now.

Will write more later

Byeeeee

Love
    Suhaana

3. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hi Amul,

I started taking saffron from last week.I am taking alternate days as it produces body heat.

@Suhana,

Saffron taking is good for baby as well as mother.Try taking it.

4. priyaaw

priyaaw New IL'ite

hi gals :)

hi amul , i am also taking saffron with milk from last month
    as per my information it is good for improving babys skin color and also helps to increase mothers hunger!
    well i want to ask everyone of april 2010 mommies have they registered in hospital for delivery ?
    or when shud we register name for the same !

byeee

tc jsk

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

:eek:mg:so many posts. Its really very nice to see the club so active.

Congratulations and Hearty Welcome Sonu and Priya. How are you doing? Eat well and take care.

Hi Amul,

Oh, your mom is leaving :-(. I know how it will be. Don't worry dear. How is your hip pain? I will start to take saffron from my 5th month. Waiting for that. Take care.

Hi Suhaana,

How are you doing with your hip pain? I think this is the most common problem we all are having. Saffron is good to take. Our elders say that by taking saffron baby will be getting good color. You should take it very little since it generates so much heat.

Hi Hasya,

How are you doing with your work? You got pain for the vaccine. How is your pain now? I took my vaccine yesterday, but it didnot hurt a bit for me. Take care dear.

Hi Ak****ha,

How are you doing? Good to hear that you reached safely. Take care.

Hi Geetha, Sandiya, Madhuri, Ramya, Chaitanya

How are you doing? Take care.

My Updates,

Yesterday was a very colorful day for me. It was my birthday. This birthday was so special for me with my LO :). Had a very good time. DH has taken off. At night 12 he has decorated very specially and made me to cut the cake. I felt so happy. Yesterday we went to temple, then had lunch outside, then went to the doctor heard my LO's heartbeat :). Felt so happy to hear that on my birthday, gave blood work for genetic test and then took the h1n1 vaccine. In the evening, just went out like that and in the night went out to dinner with my sis-in-law. My DH has gifted me a Memory book which I liked very much. Its an ever lasting and life long memorable book to us and to our LO also. He made my day.

I haven't gained much weight in the past 10 days, which I felt very happy. I started walking for 30 mins daily. My heartburn has decreased. Next week I have my cervical length scan.

Take care all.

6. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,

Welcome to new mommies Sonu and priya. How are you doing?

@ amul,

How is your hip pain now? Even i know how it will be if your mom is leaving, don't worry dear.

Saffron I might take from next week. I don't believe that it will give colour to baby etc., but i read it is good for pregnant ladies, so we can take it very little.

@ Kutty,

That was so good you heard your LO heartbeat on your birthday. Happy that you celebrated very well.

@ Ak****ha,

good you reached safely. Even I am planning to travel by next month. so tell me how was your trip?

@ Priya,

For hospital register my doctor gave me the registration form. I am going to register within this week.

@ Haysa, sushaana, sandiya, ramya,madhuri ,

How are you doing gals?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Now I know why Aks hit a's name comes up with stars! Looks like it recognizes the word in the center as something else. Bizarre, it shouldn't do that when it is part of another word!

8. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,

I had my H1N1 flu shot yesterday and also my u/s. Oh my God it was so excited to see my Lo face, leg,hand etc., really me and my husband were excited and even my MIL felt same way.

Everything is normal and perfect - baby weight, height, my cervix length etc., Baby is full active and keep moving here and there, it was so good.
    But one thing - my pregnancy weeks changed from 17.3 weeks to 18 weeks now. So my doctor said 3-4 days is perfect.

Everyone will have this u/s scan within 2-3 weeks, do update your experience.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. suhaana

suhaana Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,:hiya

Just diving into my sweet cravings and enjoying my kanchagola...mm....bliss :tongue

Kutty,

Happy belated birthday my dear. It was so exciting to read what wonderful surprises were in store for you and hearing your LO's heartbeat.....:wow I'm sure this would be a birthday you'll never forget. All the best for your genetic scan results. Please don't worry too much about gaining weight, at 15 weeks I also looked pretty normal. Start observing from next week onward....you're tummy will start to grow. At 19 weeks my tummy is definitely bulging out. Today I did a very foolish thing, I wore one of my older suits which was loose for me (pre-pregnancy) and my tummy's looking so prominent in that, I'm gonna keep all my cloths aside and now only wear the loose kurtas I bought.

Gitu,

Congrats on seeing ur baby, it's such a pleasure to see them on screen , growing inside you. This time in my 18 weeks scan when I saw my LO, I felt such a deep connection. By this time the basics r formed so you can see very clearly. Man, I had such mixed feelings when I saw the head, the rib cage and then on the 4-D scan when I could see the full baby.....difficult to describe. :).

Madhiru,

Sure, I'll try taking your suggestion with saffron milk and see if it suits me. At the moment I take coconut water when I wake up. It's been very good till now a it's so rich in potassium and mag and also helps in digestion. Of course they have the old wives tales about skin colour about nariyal pani also.

Hasya,

How's work going dear?? I'm also planning to buy maternity pants cause at home I'm not comfortable wearing suits so till no I'm wearing tracks. I don't know how safe is that.

Sandiya / Amul,

How are your pains dear. I'm much relieved today. Sandiya, I totally agree with you. We gotta accept our aches and pains as a part and parcel of our pregnancy and move on. :iagree

Amul, thanks for chiding me to take it slow and easy. I know I had over exerted at work and during the wknd. Specially on Saturday and that's why I've been so uncomfortable specially with gas. On Tuesday I took an off also to rest which obviously didn't go down well with my boss but my body was screaming for it. This Saturday DH & I have planned to go window shopping for our LO. :) and also check out prenatal classes.

Pyira / Sonu / Ak****a,

How are you girls doing?

My update -

Today I'm feeling pretty upbeat. Actually for the last 3 days gas was troubling me a lot :cry: . The gas was just stuck and I went through tremendous pain in my lower abdomen , to the point that I felt worried that it might be something else. Then my MIL suggested why don't I have a small pinch of ajwain. That has given me such amazing relief so I feel much at ease.:) Rest the progress is good. Am planning to start with few yoga asans and also join pre-natal classes.

Love
    Suhaana

10. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

ak****a
    nice to hear that u had safe journey.I think you can explain ur experiences which may be helpful to other who are planning to
    fly.
    Dont worry regarding your thyriod.Once u start taking tablets its not going to effect the baby.But be cautious that u dont
    forget to take tablet evry morning.It very very very essential.In pregancy thyriod is effected due to harmonal imbalance.
    For some of them..it vanishes after pregnancy.So never think of it and be very careful to take tablet.
    Even I have thyriod and place tablets beside my bed so that I dont forget them early morning.

kutty
    belated wishes dear"happy birthday"
    very exciting day to u and that's great ur hubby made ur day.SO rocked ur bday....
    bday gal going to give birth to another her LO(just kidding).I still fighting with my pain..no change in it.
    As suhaana said this will be the one of most memorable days in u r life

suhaana
    I dont have any pain during day time...its only when I sleep on my sides.No change in the pain...I started to take it as
    granted.Eat at regular timings so that there is possibilty to avoid gas problems and take heavy diet food in small quantity at
    regular intervals
    regarding saffron..ppl say it increases color of the baby..ofcourse i dont believe.but as ppl say its also very heat to
    body.Other than this I am not sure.better ask ur mom's advice...Even I had lower abdominal pain yesterday...took rest and
    morning I am doing fine.I think as long as it is bearable no probs.
    Yes ajwain helps alot.
    That's really nice that you have planned for window shopping.It will be very exciting to select for our LO....
    Do take care of urself while u work?

priyaw
    I have not yet registered in any hospital yet.I do it at starting of third trimester.Before that I have the possibility to take
    a look of all hospitals and then decide.I think I register in the hospital where I had d&c last year.
    take the guidance of ur doctor or ask the ppl who had such ecxperience in ur place..that may help you.

geeta
    happy to hear that evrything is normal with ur tests.Ahh ur MIL is with you for assisting..that's nice.
    yeah that is really exciting while seeing all parts of our LO.even my doc showed my....starting from head to legs and also
    heartbeat and backside of the body.

hasya
    how r u doing with ur work dear? how abt ur pain?

sandiya
    did not get your laptop still.How r u doing?
    How abt ur pain?Did you get any info regarding pregnancy pillow.I am just finding abt it orelse i will get one and try out.

madhuri/cyberfunky
    how r u doing gals?

myupdate
    Thank you all for answering me regarding saffron.I will start taking it from next week.
    I had lower abdominal pain yesterday eve and just took rest.By morning I am fine and back to work.
    Today at my office some medical ppl have come and adviced me few things which are to be done in the office premises and not to be done.
    So carzy..i thought.
    You know what
    1)I should talk to ppl 1.5mts staying away 1.mts to avoid swine flu
    2)I should not lift more weight
    3)I should catch hold of the support while getting down from stairs.
    3)I should not run to first aid ppl who are in prob and call for some one
    4)Ishould not wrk for more than 8hrs and do overtime
    5)If I say I am not well I had spl rooms to rest
    6)I should not work on holidays.(which I never do)
    7)No work pressure should be given to me
    ohh etc....
    I had some spl tests done at office free of cost..which is to be done as per rule by evry orgnanization.
    it seems interesting at the same time it made me bit laugh.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009