April 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Gitunandakumar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Madhuri,

Sure i will update my scan report. As haysa told there are less chances to know in 8 months so consult with your doctor. Even we need to enjoy the suspense but I am going to India so I have to get some things for the baby, so we should know the gender. Moreover we need to select the name and get everything ready here right? Know the gender and don't tell to anyone (we have planned like that) and tell them later.

2. RamRaj

RamRaj New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am in the 18th week of my pregnancy and this is my first pregnancy. I am all excited. I am consulting Dr.Shobana Mahadevan at apollo. She has asked me to decide on whether I'd like to have the delivery at Apollo or Seethapathy clinic. Can anyone pls let me know how Seethapathy clinic (Royapettah) is? Thanks in advance.

3. suhaana

suhaana Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone!!

Welcome Ramya and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Gitu,

Yes, it's absolutely exhilarating to hear your LO's heart beat. My LO's heartbeat was 159. Well, a lot of ppl want to know the gender as they need to prepare in advance. However in India sex detection is illegal plus here in northern India it's considered inauspicious to buy anything for the baby before the baby is born. My mom is pretty hyper about that, even if I mention that I'm going to go window shopping to get an idea what all is available now a days for the bay she gets hyper ! :bonk Anyways a new born usually wears old clothes as their skin is extremely sensitive and old clothes are softer than newer ones which I have already arranged from my Best friend. Rest my DH I plan that we'll look around and make a list of what all needs to be done and depute work to family members. at least my side of the family (mom - dad - bro) will happily slog for their first grand child. They are already so EXCITED!!!

Sandiya / Amul,

How is your hip pain dear?? I have also felt the jabbing hip pain in my left hip it come and goes also experiencing occasional jabbing pain in the joint that ends in my hips. My gyne says it's the joints loosening up.

Hi Kutty,

Nice to hear from your after so long! How is your heartburn?? I also get the pinching pain very often and it's only gas so don't worry.

My Update

I'm doing good, bloating up, tummy's prominently sticking out. Have had a hectic weekend and today am not feeling so upto it. Feeling pressure in my lower abdomen and also pain will talk to the doc if it worsens.

Yesterday I felt that first kick!!!! :wowYes ladies it wasn't bubbles it wasn't swimming it was a dhishoom K - I - C - K right in the middle of my belly. I was in the kitchen cooking and I was like.........eerrrr ...was this what I'm thinking it to be?? Gee......I'm soooo excited. :bonk

My sweet cravings are on full swing once a day...anybody here having any cravings??

The MIL problem has been sorted out, DH told his mom in front of everyone that I'll be quitting after baby. MIL's reaction, stunned for a couple of seconds and then she said that was great. What could she do??

Waiting for starting my 6th month...end of the month. :)

Love
    Suhaana

4. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

@ramraj
    congratualtion on ur pregnancy and hearty welcome dear.
    I think ppl from TN can suggest you much better.I wish you all the best and take care.

suhaana, geeta and hasya: thank you for the suggestions regarding my pain.

@sandiya
    Hmm I am still experiencing it dear.I tried with the suggestion given by our frnds..but did not wrk out.Even my doc told me the
    same like yours.I am just finding out to have good sleep..so that I can forget it for soemtime in the night.I am just shifting
    my side positions..that's it.My mom says as I am over weight and my thighs are fat...at this moment more pressure is being
    applied, we get such pain and also due to muscle expansion.
    why dont you try for pregnancy pillows?I need to explore now.Hope ur tests are fine..
    evrything will be fine dear.Are u planning to go to india and when?

@geeta
    how abt ur scan result?
    Yes geeta its very exciting to see and hear our LO HB.Glad to hear if you will have baby s hower in India.When r u planning to levae to india.

@kutty
    I am also having the same prob while shifting my sides.I feel bit heavy while shifting my sides.I think we cant avoid this and
    will be more in coming weeks.Heart burn is quite common and dont worry too much.Better take ur food in less quantity and more
    times.This may help you.
    ahh so many appointments dear!!!I wish you goodluck:thumbsup

@madhuri
    I would like to know the gender of the baby..as I am very excited to shop in december or january.It may be boy or gal I am not
    hiding it from anyone(spl from inlaws)...as it the first fruit of ours and we need to accept it at any point of our pregnancy.

@suhaana
    ahh suhaana..its not very good to hear from you always having hectic day dear.COme on relax urself.
    I am sorry if I am bit harsh.
    Its very good news that ur hubby expressed ur feeling regarding your job and its fantastic.Yes I know how MIL's feel for such
    decisions and I would lke to see their faces at that moment.
    nway u r going to have 150% for ur LO.
    very happy that you have felt the movement of ur LO..very excited na!!!
    even I feel my lower abdomen is getting pressure sometimes.
    I also have sweet cravings but very often....that too afternoon same like you.

@hasya
    how r u doing with ur work dear

@myupdate
    I am back to work again :-(
    I tried out with pillows but my pain is not reduced.
    I just had good sleep on sat and sun nites.During deep sleep I can forget the pain.I am just praying to God and reading some
    prayer of god before going to bed.I found it was really working out from bad dreams and can sleep well.
    I was for shoping for 1hr..and could not go out for long time.

I always have vaginal ultrasound whenever i go to doctor and see the HB of the baby and have pic of the baby.
    I said this bcos from previous posts I found that ppl having ultrasound at particular weeks only.
    Is that you dont have ultrasound whenever you go for appointment?
    Till now I have 4 pics of my baby.

I am sorry I have missed to reply some posts.Initially I though "April2010 mommies" section is silent.But now I feel happy by seeing regular updates.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  5. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

How are you doing..
    @Hasya,Geetha
    Thanks Hasya and Geetha for good suggestion.

@Suhana,

It's excited to know about your first kick.I had sweet cravings in 3rd and 4th month.Now not too regular, some times.

@RamyaRaj

Welcome to April2010 momies.

Take Care

6. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Amul,

4 pics ah?????? great dear. Till now I had 1 vaginal ultra sound and 2 times doppler check up to listen to heartbeat of the baby.

Amul even I will inform the gender of baby to my In-laws and parents+ sister but not to relatives.

I am planning to go to India in Dec and coming back in Jan dear.

@ Sushaana,

Wow your kicks started, it will be really excited right? I am still waiting for it.

@Ramya,

Welcome Ramya to April 2010 mommies club. Hope some one in chennai will help you. Try to post in " I am pregnant" section too, so that you can get many replies.

@my updates:

Even I am feeling heavy when I am trying to turn in night, other than that everything goes well.

How many of you have seen your LO movements (head, legs, hand etc.,) How was it?

7. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

yes geeta,:)

I think next time I will have abdominal u/s i.e on Dec 4th.

8. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone

How are you doing?

Hi Ramya,

Congratulations and Welcome to April 2010 club. Eat healthy and take care.

Hi Suhaana,

Wow you felt your LO's first kick. Thats really a very exciting moment. I don't have any craving for sweets but I do have craving for spicy foods like mirchi bajji, vada pav..

Hi Amul,

Until my 12th week I had ultrasounds almost every week, so I have 6 or 7 pics of my LO. After my 14th week, my doctor checked with the doppler.

Hi Geetha,

How are you doing? So you are going to take one month rest in India. Thats good to hear. On my NT scan, I have seen LO's hands, legs. Wow..I was really very excited at that time. Waiting for my anamoly scan.

Hi Hasya, Sandiya and Madhuri

How are you doing?

Take care.

9. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Hearty welcome to you in April 2010 club... i dont know much about Apollo and the doctors there sorry for that .. but if you post the same query in "I am pregnant" subforum as Geetha said u might get more replies...

Hi Suhana,
    Wov.. Wov...:wowu felt the kick... i am so happy for you.. as u said, it would be very exciting moment isnt'it... did u get to tell it immediatley to anyone at home and make them feel as well.. I guess for others to feel it will take more time..

Hi Amul,

I had only 1 vaginal scan so far and so only 1 photo with me :cool:... And after that for the next 2 appointmenst got the HB checked in doppler... my next one is on Dec 3rd they said it will be ano scan... I am planning to go for delivery to India by Dec end after making sure everything is fine with LO. Even now if i think of 36 hours of travel it seems scary.. as 2 hours travel in the car itself is making me tired... but ppl around me say that by 5th month travel tiredness will reduce a bit... Even i am not able to do anything for hip pain.. its still there , learning to live with hip pain..Witsend

Hi Geetha,

Even i am planning to travel to India during dec end... do u have direct flights from CA? for me i have to switch 2 flights minimum.
    So i guess until week 22, as u said before we will be in 5th month right...

Hi Kutty,
    So many appointments .. i guess these are keeping u busy a lot... as every single appointment for me takes in 3 hours of my total time... i am planning to go india dueing dec end dear but nothing is confirmed on date as such... waiting for the ano scan to be done...

Hi Madhuri,
    Did u get the baby pictures to put up in ur home?

Hi Hasya,
    I guess ur quite busy these days.... hope everything is fine with you...

My updates:

Still suffering with hip pain.... nothing much other than that....

10. cyberfunky

cyberfunky New IL'ite

Hello all,

I have been lurking around here for quite some time...But due to terrible nausea just took a passive approach...I was dehydrated and admitted for IV 3 weeks back..since then the nausea has been a little kind to me..

My due date is April 15th..I want to congratulate all the April Mommies and wishing all lots of baby happiness..

Sonu