1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Re: Infants - 2009

I missed this thread... Lynette, count me in..

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya, Malyatha, Ramya and Poonam,

Thanks for joining me. I missed the names earlier.

About DD's activities

@ 3 -5 months I would see DD sleep on the mat and roll and wonder when she would do more activities. Now DD has decided to get me on my toes. Ever since she sits up, its like sit ups for me, I have to be careful about where her next bang, her back and everything. These days DD is getting more irritated and does not seem to listen. Must check out how she will be tomorrow. Nowadays she hardly sleeps for half and hour max and then she wants to sit. Another favorite hangout of my DD these days is below the sofa, no matter what I do the very next moment she is popping out her head from one side of the sofa. Now she is clinging more to me and now that she recognises me more than ever L keeps on crying if she doesn't find me around. The crawl is yet to start, just making attempts. This is another new thing this week. Three new things get way bit too much. Guess mommie hood is all about patience. Need to put a new hood and get back to work. I don't think the saga is going to end till about three years.

My questions
    Sana, Latha,

Does the back really hurt? DH has been mentioning not to keep her sitting for long it might hurt her back. Just wondering if we need to make her lie down after her sitting up. I give her a break in between, make her lie down, but these days the sitting up thing is her favorite pasttime :bonk.

Please share your experience.

Suman, Vidya, Ramya, Poonam,

Three months is just getting independent, again six months they become more dependent, thats what I am facing and next yet to explore. Everyday is like a new day for me.

I remember having sleepless nights and checking the breathing of my LO all the time right from her birth. After a m/c my DD is like God. One day I put on the mosquito net and found out after about an hour that one mosquito has entered even after put the net on the bed and then wake @ 2 am shoo the mosquito and try to sleep. I nursed every two hours or when DD woke up, actually Lenora does not wake up she just moves and I understand that she is hungry, before she even gets up, I get her latched. One of the nights my DH tried to cuddle her in her sleep and call her baby loud and that's it she just rolled and didn't sleep for about one and half hour and next office for both of us. It was a real treat next morning really sleepy. :crazy My DH never made attempts at that again.

I got a baby cupboard from Nilkamal Plastic. It easy to fix and can be dismantled anytime if not needed. That's the best part. One hiccup of baby's clothes now is taken care of.

As tikka mentioned may be we need to wait till three years to enjoy the entire journey :cheers May be once in a while some beer would work.
    Saturday, Sundays is an off for me, I just go for embrodiery classes half day coz I wanna design my DD dresses some day may be in a years time.

I was checking with my mother and she mentioned keep talking to your baby (even if you loose patience) they understand and reciprocate. May be this way my mother tried to understand me. My mother keeps on giving me the its and bits and its helping me.

Have a nice weak-end. These days the weekend are busier and kind of weak :)

3. Neetu_kumar

Neetu_kumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Mommies, Count me in....:)

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Am in too! As Lynette says, its been a weak-end. More later........

Sangi, good to know you're in Chennai. Sahana looks beautiful! Hope we can meet sometime.

Lynette, sitting is perfectly fine. If Lenora doesn't want to sit, she will let you know. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Heavy downpour in chennai, which is quite depressing... not able to step out of the house. I dont know whether this weather will affect my LO:idea.

Lee,

She has started to roll on one side, but needs my help to turn over..it is funny to watch. I make her sit on my lap and on the bed once in a while..not sure whether it is harmful for her back...but not more than 2-3 minutes. In another 1 month's time, i will have to undergo your ordeal...i believe.

Malyatha,

Have you started semi-solids for your LO or still on EBF? Do let me know...bcoz i face serious pressure from my MIL to start semis and to this day i could successfully resist it...dunno how long i can put up with the pressure.

Anitha,

How is nilu baby doing??? Post her pics soon. Shall meet once the weather gets better.

Other new mommies,

Wait for few more days...after 3 months..they normally would follow a pattern. I know how tough this phase is....had been there:spin

Take care all.

Luv,

sangi:thumbsup

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Lynette,

Count me in :)
    My DD is 3.2yrs old, DS 8weeks :))
    Am having super hectic days with 2 kids :)
    You kiddo is adorable and was happy to know that she is sitting... My DD's first sit flashed in me, she did it in her 7th month... till then, from 5.5 to 7, she would just roll and roll and roll all over the floor, to reach out for toys :D
    It was soooooooooo funny to watch her those days :)
    Thanks for this thread Lynette, enjoy ur time with DD.
    When you are off to work, who manages ur darling?

TC
    Hugs to all mommies out here !!

7. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone

Count me too.........

My elder DD is 3.6 years and younger DD is 8 weeks old.Was born 25 days ahead of her due date,so worried,but trying my best to be postive.

It will be lovely interacting with everyone ..............

TC

Just now across this thread.............Very interesting and informative.

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

momies, these days are so stressful.... Zoey just doesnt sleep most of the day sleeps at night although gets up to nurse every few hours till 5 am.... again gets a bit fussy nurses n dozes off till 7 am... but these days frpm 7 am- 12 noon she wont sleep a wink... sleeps again for an hour and up till 6 pm... i thought babies are supposed to sleep ... :(
    this is stressing me out to see how tired she gets... and hence even more irritable...

wondering how soon can i even think of seeing some changes in her? although i know every baby is diff...

zoey is a month old now and extremely clingy, needs to be hold all the time... am hoping this is common too for very young infants?

sangi... pouring non stop in coimbatore too... depressing weather n i dont rem when i last saw the sun... its so so so dull... and extremely cold, nights lower than 20 deg C and even afternoons are dull as nights

9. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Good night all :)
    Am ready for yet another long night, with my wide-awake LO :D
    All mommies who are awake there, with LOs, my hugs :)

10. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

mommies, myself not even slept a wink till now and it ias almost 6 am... Till now Shibu is awake and just now she is getting the mood to sleep... It may again take an hour to sleep I suppose... n after that, I need to start off my work.. so no sleep for me... Poor me...

Vidyaa