1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dark circles and puffiness under eyes....Need Help...

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by shanthisai, Nov 1, 2009.

1. shanthisai

shanthisai New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Every one talks about dark circles and their remedies. I have similar problem. But apart from the dark circles, I have a depression under my eye and sometimes they are puffy. Can any one tell me how to get rid of them? Please see pic below. I am 28 this September and planning to marry soon. These dark circles make me look very elderly and I also lost a few proposals. There are many products in the markets for defying aging signs. Can anyone suggest me a home remedy for looking younger?

I lost my mother 8 years ago and then onwards the responsibility of the family is on me. People say that I get too tensed and have become workaholic. I strive for the betterment of my family. Now I would like to concentrate on myself as well. I seek your guidance.

Thanks for reading, hope to receive your suggestions.

Regards,
    Shanthi

Attached Files:

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

My personal experience,pls eat raw carrot in any form,like kosambari or easy way carrot juice (chop a few pieces put in mixer with half glass water and half spoon sugar and blend and drink).This really helps tired and puffy eyes and skin.Take it non stop for abt a month and see the difference.I used to do it regularly.

May God bless you with a great husband and a happy life.

suji

3. prettyguns

prettyguns Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,
    You have beautiful eyes :thumbsup.
    Dark circles and puffiness are a sign of stress, vitamin / iron deficiency and no proper sleep.
    Some recommendations -
    Sleep properly for 8 hours every night, go early to bed and wake up early, late night can cause puffiness
    If your job involves staring at computer for long hours, try to take some breaks in between.
    When you come back home in the evening, put two cucumber slices over your eyes for 10 minutes to cool them
    Have lots of water and eat leafy vegetables and carrots often.
    Have a multivitamin and iron tablet often (consult your doctor for recommended dose)
    Use an under eye cream at night - any good brand like Garnier, Shahnaz Hussain, Loreal or Lotus Herbals
    Hope this helps and don't worry much about these things. Your inner confidence should radiate through your eyes and shine over all these minor blemishes all through your life.
    All the best!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  4. sinvid

sinvid Junior IL'ite

Shanthi,
    I have the same problem and I am using Garnier under eye creme for the past month or so. In addition to that, I started drinking a lot of water (most of the times warm water). Also, I started sleeping for long hours like at least 8 hours per day. I could see the improvement in my eyes. But if I do not do any of these for a day, the next day my eyes are looking pretty bad. So in addition to following others suggestions, you can use mine too. :)

All the best and let us know of the results.

Regards,
    Shanti.

5. sarah1987

sarah1987 Junior IL'ite

Hey dear, Now a days, Science has developed solution for everything. Despite what most people think, deep, dark circles,wrinkles and bags under your eyes are not primarily caused by being tired or stressed. Instead, dermatologists and plastic surgeons agree that this is caused by capillaries that leak blood close the skin's surface. When this blood begins to oxidize, it turns a bluish red color, similar to an ugly bruise. And since the skin under the eyes is very thin, this leads to the appearance of the embarrassing bags and dark circles. The more transparent your skin and the more blood that pools under it, the darker the circles appear. And what's worse, this discoloration over time can become permanent! I suffered a lot but finally when i used Revitol by my doctor's recommendation, i can see the changes on my face.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013