Car driving in Chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by vensuj, Aug 5, 2009.

1. vensuj

vensuj New IL'ite

dear friends

i am residing in velachery. i learned car driving and got the licence also two years back.

now it has become neccessary that i should drive the car to bring my children back from the school, but i am very much scared of the road and the traffic of chennai.

though i know i should come out of it, i could not do so.

kindly help me.:hide:

thank you

2. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Re: car driving

Hi!
    I know I am not a person to answer this but still.... I happen to learn driving and got license too. I used to take out the car in chennai ( with help ofcourse). One of my relative scred me so much that the craze to drive came down. It all depends who is helping you intially. Now I am in bangalore. I dont dare to drive here. My friend (basically a person who never takes chance) drives in chennai. If she can anybody can!! All the best. you can do!!
    manjula

3. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: car driving

You can go to a driving school and take a few lessons you need practice that is all They will help you.After taking lessons you will come over the fear.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  4. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

Start driving....without sitting in Driving seat, you will never loose your fear....
    take the car during un peak hours and drive few days.

once you get some confidence, try to drive in normal hours and after gaining more confidence, you can drive in peak hours...

Driving is an art, will come only by training...not overnight..

hope this helps

All the best:thumbsup..post the update here

5. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

the best solution as suggested by one of the members is to go to a driving school and ask for refresher classes. And to make these classes effective go out during the peak traffic time and tell the driving school that you need to get your confidence so that they take you via busy roads. That way after 10 classes you should be confident to drive in chennai roads. initially take the car out during weekends with your hubby and iam sure after that you will be able to manage easily. happy driving. :thumbsup

6. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi Vensuj,
    Did you manage to overcome your fear and drive in chennai roads, you did not come back on this thread at all?? :)