1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you fight through SMS and Emails and IM ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jeya0110

jeya0110 Senior IL'ite

Monica!

Thats a nice one indeed... Enjoyed reading through it... :crazy

Regards,
    Jeya.

2. ganesh79

ganesh79 New IL'ite

e-mail, phone or face to face

3. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Oh my god Monica...
    Same thing happened to DH and me. I was typing something about what we are going to do that weekend and my boss sent an IM at time and I typed "You need to get yogurt and apples without fail, u always get one and forgot the other" and sent my boss. After pressing send, I realized it was my boss. then I apologized to him in IM itself and was so embarrassed to face him for 2-3 days ... :rotfl

4. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Yeah we used emails a lot in our 'honeymoon' years ... If we were in no-talk terms, I would send him an email explaining why it went bad and how it would be better. I really used to send long mails. I wanted to be heard and if we sit to talk face-to-face, hubby would just walk-away. I always want to know what upset him, why, so that I know if there was anything I did intentionally/ unintentionally and avoid it next time. And wanted him to take equal efforst to understand too.

Well, now over the years I have gained tremendous confidence and sel-esteem to speak my mind and get face-to-face and am not using emails anymore... good or bad.. but I like emails as we can pour our thoughts and emotions so well .. !!

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

When i got married my husband was a Canadian citizen and I was in England. I had to wait for 6 months to get my PR to Canada. In those days...for no particular reason we used to fight a lot. I guess staying away from each other didn't suit us. usually people get close when they are apart but with us it happened other way round. Also it was an arranged marriage and hence it was difficult to guess what is going on in his mind. He used to write really harsh emails for simple things. Most of the time i used to end up in tears after reading his emails.
    It went to an extent where I was doubting if i have to leave everything and re-locate. But on my mom's advise (a great advise, God bless her) I took a chance and relocated. After that everything changed, for good. He still gets angry but we hardly ever fight over emails, phone, IM's etc. If there is anything we fight one-one.

6. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

no, we never did thru e-mail or IM. Sometimes on phone but mostly at home in our living room...:)