1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think actress are innocent ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mlk2009, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

I was talking to a friend a week back about the Prostitution case of Bhuveneswari and other actresses linked to that scam and she gave a very cut throat explanation saying "Actress who can dance showing their clevage, hips, thighs and roll in the ground kissing, hugging and dry humping heroes are capable of doing all that in closed doors for money too.Real girls who think about character and have principles will never resort to all this for survival "

It got me to think, Actress keep saying that Acting is also a profession, but now its reduced to more exposing than acting. Apart from Revathy, Nadiya, Shalini etc, there were only a handful who wear decent clothes and concentrate only on acting and not other sexy stuff.

Can you ladies share your views ...

2. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

Oh no.. :)
    Sneha wears decent dress in most of her films. Are you sure if she is decent behind the scenes????
    Coming to the OP, As every other profession, Film industry has its pros & cons, especially with respect to the actress's behaviour. Karpukarasi yum undu, kalavani kedigalum undu. :)
    Decent dress in front of the screen does not make that person decent. Its just on the attitude as you said.. "Real girls who think about character and have principles will never resort to all this for survival "
    JMO..

3. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Personally, in my opinion what consenting adults do in private is their business. I take issue with what passes for entertainment on screen. Their style and behavior on screen influences teenagers. With guys lusting after them and the girls trying to be like them. Also it is kind of tasteless.

4. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

OP is other person or other post!!!

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

times are a changing. 20 years ago when a woman wore non-indian clothes on-screen she was considered to be a vamp. today the same clothes are the raging fashion adorning a list actresses.

what a woman wears I think has no relation to what she does behind doors. a sati-savitri in a 9 yard saree is just as capable of resorting to prostitution as the woman in a bikini. depends on your moral standards as to what you are comfortable with.

it is sad today that young girls use sex as a means of getting what they want and do so openly. but as they say, taali do haath se bajti hai (you need 2 hands to clap). why blame the woman only ... the guys are there to encourage this behavior bec. they benefit from it.

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Innocent or not-

but THEY ARE DEFINITELY SENATIONAL SOFT TARGETS.

7. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

We see that there are many people who do prostitution in many countries.Clearly they are doing it for money (either it is for food or for their luxury life). Many ladies are exploited. there are many men who in offices (we see so many cases in army now-a-days) try to molest or lure women for them.

Again in Cinema industry we have casting couch. All these men wants to exploit women.

Why i said all these is, When all these men are wanting to exploit women in some or the other way, These ladies (or actresses) are just doing that before them so that they can settle soon or lead a luxury life.

I dont say that what they are doing is right. But i strongly have a feeling that When we accuse a lady of doing a bad thing, the guy with her or associated in these matters are also equally bad and punishable.

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

good point mlk...

i think its mostly about individual choice and decision on how far they want to go...some think its ok fianlly winning is imp....some think principles are important than winning or being famous..

how ever no matter what..one thing we have to accept is..being in film world/acting field is really a nasty thing these days...any new comer wont be spared without they compromsing their principles...unless someone who can just walk out without compromising...acting field has become so nasty lately...i just like watching hollywood movies...rather than these bollywood/tollywood/kollywoood movies...atleast hollywood guys say openly what they do ....not like our Indian mentalities...say something and do something else....not being fair in whatever they do..there is always this need to hide something...

9. shravanicool

shravanicool Junior IL'ite

I think we as an audience are responsible for it to some extent. Why do we go out and watch such obscene , vulgar movies. Why don't we as a nation come together and put a ban on such movies, directors?

Casting couch has been prevalent for a long time , it is now that it has become known to us.

I condemn such people both men & women who indulge in such practices for their selfish motives.

Shravanicool

10. ushasriram

ushasriram New IL'ite

I totally agree to SriVidya75 's views. Indian movie personalities are hypocrites :) say something and do totally contrary things...Hollywood movies are more honest in the genre that's it belongs to ... they are not masala types ..either it will be drama, pure romance or action movies. film industry is a glamorous field ..a new comer loses her shyness etc in just a film or so and her exposing act becomes part of her and this takes away all her principles/morality if she is not determined to hold it through out and if she's greedy for quick money...principled actress will NOT expose..this is just my opinion :)