1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Here is my mothers problem. She has a shooting pain towards her left lower jaw, somewhere inside the teeth. She is unable to chew from that side and therefore she left that side completely isolated. Instead she utilizes the right part of her mouth. What could be the problem?

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Lesa,

Have you checked wether she has a decay ? I mean, the explaination of the problem is vague, so, once it is clinically examined or atleast explained, it is hard to say what the problem is..

She rather go to the Dentist and check instead of not using one side of the mouth. Because, this could also lead to occulcal / biting problems eventually..

3. hema_gladston

hema_gladston Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dr. Preethi,

Thank you very much for keeping the momentum going... Cheers.. Keet it up... am totally busy and not able to log in

Hema :cheers

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Hema,

Thanks to you. Girl ! :) Where have you been ? Long time.. What keeps you so busy that you cant spare like a few minutes to more on IL ?

How is your hubby's practice ? Hope all is well at your end.. Nice to see your name flashing again on this thread.. Really ! :thumbsup

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Preethi,

Iam here with a problem..

My DH's teeth has become very dark(chocolate brown color) eventhough he brushes his teeth regularly and neatly(I suppose).. Any specific medicated toothpaste available in market to whiten the teeth???

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Raji,

Has he visited a Dentist ever for this problem ? If he hasnt, he must soon. We need to know " what " kind of discoularation it is.. Maybe just stains or tartar.. Once that is confirmed.. I can tell you the best treatment..

Because both the above mentioned have different treatments and the severity varies too..

7. priyalalwani

priyalalwani Senior IL'ite

Hi Doctor,
    One year back i got my root canal treatment from hyderabad and crown was applied. Now i find that the tooth is moving. actually when doctor put the crown she told me that it is very sensitive since inner space is less she fixed with screw. Right now i am in dubai and i know its going to be very expensive i have discolored tooths. Pls advice

Regards
    Priya

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Priya,

The tooth must be having weakened bones or gums.. You wil have to get it checked. Maybe for now, just check what is wrong with the tooth in Dubai. Depending on what the Dentist tells you, you could decide on the treatment.

Till then do not bite on that tooth. Do not put any strain. Basically, the root could have weakened because of tartar formation which could ahve lead to weak gums and bones eventually.

9. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

do you find the whole tooth moving or just the cap on the tooth?

10. priyalalwani

priyalalwani Senior IL'ite

Hi rosary,
    the cap is moving i have swollen gums due to which i am finding more problems

Regards
    Priya