1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding night gift from husband...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ShilpaMa, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Maneesha

Maneesha New IL'ite

He surprised me with booking for HM while going to his house after marriage and a diamond pendent with gold chain on our wedding night.I simply loved it. 90% i wear this. It is kind of mangalsutra for me.

2. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Nice topic ... I got heart-shaped choclates from my hubby on our Wedding night. He made sure he hid it from house-filled with relatives and tons of kids and sneaked it out of a bag as soon as we shut the door. Little did I know that hubby wanted both of us to bite the same piece of choclate at the same time as shown in movies (????), I nicely ate couple of pieces before he told me 'ayyoo wait for me' :biglaugh:biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Hey ppl thnx a lot for ur inputs on this thread.. we come to know of novel gifting ideas... and cheers for all those who dint get anything materialistic.. now a chance to ask for 1 :)

SD.. am sure tht chocolate piece wud have got u guys :) started.

4. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

lucky are the ones who got surprise gifts...i never got any on the wedding night :( but no complains since he is never used to surprising people with gifts...

i had surprised him on our honeymoon with a shirt, a beautiful cake at the resort :) i had spoken to the travel agent before hand and had got the cake ready :) and you know what i got in return??? while i was cleaning the knife he ate off the 2 cherries on the cake :(( dint even think of sharing it with me :( how unromantic...
    i had to tell him that he needs to once in a while surprise me with some gifts...so once i got back to hyderabad after spending a month at my mom's place (aadi maasam/aashadam) i got a surprise gift :D got a beautiful photo frame gifted by him :):):) that was the first gift from him :)

5. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

I know Nandhu, but what to do...i tried to take something for her without anyone's knowledge...but couldn't...poor girl..:drowning

6. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    No offense- but your Minlaw's gesture reminded me of the character 'Marie' from 'Everybody loves Raymond' ! ! ! ! ! :thumbsup

Savitha

7. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Yes Savitha you are right.She always feels that if SHE starts something it will last long and she treats everyone as babies.I am 30 years old with 2 kids ages 8 and 3 how will I feel if I am being treated as a baby.some times I am amused by her love some time its really frustrating:drowning

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  8. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Its really nice to read everyone's surprise gifts. Good thread..:thumbsup
    When i entered inside my DH's room i saw a huge picture of mine with many poses right from my childhood till our engagement snaps (All together in one big picture). Oh god i was really stunned to see this, and my MIl told me that he always stays in his room seeing this picture.. He also told me on the day of wedding "There is a surprise for you at my room". I thought something else:). But this was really cute.. Love him...:rotfl

9. Anug

Anug New IL'ite

I received a silk sareee and gold chain......but not in the wedding night(he forgot about the gift duirng our first night)..the next day morning he gave me....everyone was pulling my dh "oh what a guy u r...."

10. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

I haven't heard of this before..Are they suppose to gift each other or does it apply only to men? I have recieved lots of gifts from him but not at the wedding night.