Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Pl post the recipe for milaku vellam. Though I have not tasted it, since I like all kerala dishes I am sure this also will be good. Also since you have told that it is a favourite of mama, I am sure it would taste really good. (More so,after knowing that he too is not very comfortable with strong masala flavours like khus khus, garlic , cinnamon etc. like me :crazy)

Kavita kannan,

Your Mysore pa looks really really tempting esp the second photo. I am not a great fan of mysore pa but seeing this anyone will get watery in their mouth. :) . Did you make in stove or MW?

Radhi

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear K & K :)

superb Mysorepak. As Chithramma says it's far far professional than SKS. And as Neha says i like the 2nd picture most so a special :bowdown:bowdown to the better-half:)

Dear chithramma,

we just finished the last piece of atta halwa. Like a good wine it has aged and 'sugared' well upon keeping:drool.

After getting inspired by Neha's pooja spread i bought a pineapple on saturday. But on last thought (while browsing for pineapple payasam...) made Pineapple race instead. The description you have given is apt ! plus it's a 2 whistle wonder:) also made seppankizhangu morkuzhambu (with tuvar dal and 1/2 cup coconut) and pavakkai fry with curryma powder. see i'm 'growing' my naaku without any vanjanai;)

Latha

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chithra,

Sorry for the long absence & delayed feedback. Belated Deepavali Wishes.

For Diwali I made Choco-Pista Roll, Nut Roll & Dates Kheer. All the sweets turned out excellent & we relished every bite. My heartfelt thanks for your detailed recipes, S-B-S photos & all the effort you put in for us.

I shared the sweets with my neighbor who loved the Dates Kheer in particular & called back to take the recipe!

This time inspired by other IL'ites, I took a picture too!
    Regards,
    Ragini.

Attached Files:

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Good Morning.

last night little one's bday party went off very well and instead of 2 guests it turned for 10 adults and 5 kids as guests.the menu as i mentioned to you also went in for a change.

i prepared Methi parata ,masala dosa with alu sabji,tomato chutney,layered biryani with raita and mushroom dum,chilli bajji with mint and tamarind chutney,white rice with capcicum sambar pineapple rasam,and ofcourse semiya bahalabath with tomato thokku.

heart of the menu lied in custard fruit kheer .which i prepd of 3 ltrs milk.just prepd one sweet as mil had also sent some sweets .

as we had taken a day off Raj and me cooked together.it was a pleasurable cooking time with your perfect result oriented recipes and eating time too.

all the dishes which v prepared from your recipes tasted great.all of the dishes were empty except parata which my friends packed it off for themselves:thumbsup

the more n more i prepare biryani the more we fall in love with this dish.

your post on the planning and organizing menu helped me a lot to cook for a big group with pleasure.

thank you is a small word for all that you are to us. without you i wouldnt hav dared to cook for a big group .

lots of love
    raji

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hey, KK, was it 'intentional amnesia'??:biggrin2:
    The posts next to mine, specially appreciate the second photo. So, please share the 'credits' from all of us with Kannan!:)
    Tell him, I specially said - "Way to go":thumbsup
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Latha, no worries - only if you all grow your tongue without vanjanai, this forum can grow & I will surive here!!
    An ILite will be coming for lunch!! So, I am making seppankizhangu morkuzhambu , vazaipoo p.usili & Pineapple payasam. The last, I wait for an opportunity to make. Also, the next time you buy the fruit, do try
    Pineapple Kesari
    It is one of my best recipes, though rich!!
    Since we get peeled pineapple, I buy it regularly, can & keep. Whenever I have an urge for a sweet, I pop a few pieces in my mouth "without any vanjanai:)"!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Ragini,
    Your spread looks, elegant, stylish & very dainty!
    Special thanks for trying Nut Rolls! It is so simple, without cooking, compared to ChocoPista Roll! I wonder why nobody preferred it!!:-(
    Dates seem to be a permanent favourite!!~
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Raji,
    first stop thanking me in every post - you have really grown into the stature of an efficient cook!
    It is good that Raj offered & helped you - your spread was big, to tackle single handedly!!
    It is an absolute delight & privilege to have members like you here, full of enthusiasm, to 'grab' whatever I offer!!
    Thanks a ton.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Why no photo???:idea
    Raji & photo is a 'combo-pack'!:biggrin2:

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

while i beautified the dishes ,friend was busy behind the kids in the play ground with camera and when they returned they just attacked on all my beauties on the table.so never had the time to capture .:)it was too late when i realised.

love
    raji

10. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Today morning made Kalyana Kadamba sambar.Just amazing how parangikai makes up for dhal quantity & the flavour of freshly ground powder is very good.It also made a good combo with Wheat Rava Pongal.Thanks for a sumptuous breakfast & lunch.
    Love,
    Damini.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.