Psycho dad locked up 3 daughters, wife for 7 years in Mumbai

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by lavii, Oct 1, 2009.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Psycho dad locked up 3 daughters, wife for 7 years in Mumbai

It's a story that will send a chill down your spine, a story of a 60-year-old father, who locked, beat and starved his wife and daughters for 7 years.

Francis Gomes, a 60-year-old unemployed man, living in Mumbai along with his wife and 3 daughters had confined his family in the house since 2002.

The father allegedly kept them locked up as he was convinced that his girls would be raped if they even stepped out of home.

It is believed that every morning before Francis left home he would lock the door giving the impression that the family was away. The women were often denied food and fresh clothing. The windows had been boarded, denying them sunlight; they were prohibited from watching television, so much so that when the youngest daughter failed her college exam, the father hit her so hard that she suffered severe neck injuries.

A few months ago, Francis' second daughter along with the help of an NGO managed to escape the clutches of her father. While the social workers managed to rescue her, the other 3 women were too scared to leave the house with them, fearing that Francis would successfully hunt them down.

Fortunately, on Tuesday morning social workers belonging to the NGO Anand Rehabilitation Centre along with the police rescued the three women from the house, while Francis was away. The police now have Mumbai's psycho dad Francis Gomes in their custody, after local resident in Vasai, Mumbai informed the police about his whereabouts following reports in the media.

While the girl, who suffered neck injuries, is being treated in a government hospital, the other two daughters, who are malnourished and traumatised, are under psychological care. The wife too is under medical care.

2. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

The law should severely punish such type of persons. I am not understanding, why the neighbours, didn't informed the police?. If there is some abnormal situation in our neighbours home, we can find out in a month or two, but why they didn't informed for 7 yrs?.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

hi sasha,
    i know how insane it is,
    we had neighbours before where that man was going to office morn 7 am leaving his wife in home locked till he comes in eve 6.30pm and she was allowed to come out only with him..wen i asked her aunty why dont u ask for ur rights she said she has to listen else he will divorce her ..:hide: and better for me to forget this matter asap

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Read in newspaper..

Really very sick personality........

How much these poor people would have suffered.

Thanks God atleast now they are released..

5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

This case can be viewed in different angles..

Did these people have no contacts ,neighbors or relatives?

Why nobody stood up for them of called the police??

Again-a typical plight of city life-disjointed and uncared...

This man needs treatment and sympathy- not punishment....

along with his family who should be helped to come out of this trauma

and be rehabilated.

6. asma747

asma747 Senior IL'ite

There should be someone from the wife's side who could have helped them out. How could a father treat like this to his own daughters? Its very amazing.
    How much the kids had suffered? They must be given extensive care to come out of the shock.

7. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Oh gosh. What a pathetic father he was. I believe the daughters wish that they better not have father than having someone like this. But i did not understand something in this story. If he kept them locked in the door never allowing them to go out, how did the youngest daughter write her exams even though she was not going to college or school? This makes me feel that this story may have a deceptive side.