1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weight loss without exercise

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sujakalyan, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi friends

I found this article from net surfing
    hope u'll enjoy reading it

Here, 25-year-old student Rohit Daga shares how he dropped 16 kilos in three months flat:

I always hated exercising, so when I gained some weight in college I considered trying an alternate way of losing weight.

I am 5' 8" tall and weighed 71 kgs at that point of time. Though it did not embarrass me, the "feel good" factor was just not there with that kind of weight.

So, I set out to drop the excess baggage. I do not like carbonated drinks, so soft drinks were the first to be removed from the consumption list. Then I stopped eating sweets, chocolates, cakes, butter, cheese and potatoes (and everything made from potatoes like chips and vadas).

I drastically cut down my sugar consumption; it just added too many calories. In addition to these measures, I would drink lots of water. I found that drinking about eight litres of water a day could do wonders for your body. Besides, it is a good way of detoxifying your system.

I love fruits; and so increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I consumed. Papaya, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and carrots became an important part of my daily diet.

In the evenings, I would usually get very hungry and I'd order junk food. That is something I targeted. I started to eat a cucumber and a tomato in the evenings; they have a lot of water and satisfy your hunger as well. I stopped eating while watching TV. What I realised was that when I eat while watching TV, I tend to eat more than was necessary. So I just cut it out altogether.

My daily diet was as follows:

• Breakfast: Cornflakes and hot milk (300 ml) or 1 plate of idli (two pieces) or a small plate of papaya
    • Lunch: Two rotis, cooked vegetable, one onion and half a cup of curds
    • Evening: One glass of sweet lime or orange juice (without sugar), one cucumber (medium sized) and one tomato (medium sized)
    • Dinner: Two rotis and cooked vegetables
    • Late night snack: One carrot (medium sized)

Apart from this, I made sure I was not seated for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. I would just take a walk for two minutes or drink some water, which helped me keep burning more calories. I also stopped using lifts and escalators. Instead, I started using the stairs, which also really helped.

Over a three-month period, I lost 16 kilos and went from weighing 71 kg to 55 kg. So, although I didn't need to lose a lot of weight, the method obviously produced results.

Many people will recommend various methods for how to lose weight. However, you need to adopt a weight-loss plan that suits your personality. If you hate exercising, there is no point trying to do it against your wishes, you will just not enjoy it.

I did not like butter or colas, so I could cut it out of my diet without any regrets. I love ice cream though, and did not give it up. I just rationed it to once a fortnight. During this 3-month period, I enjoyed what I ate and was also happy doing it. I also did not spend any additional time on exercise, but managed to lose the weight.

So, make sure your plan is in-sync with your personality and something that keeps you happy.

2 people like this.

2. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

A wondelful post from u Suja,

Thanks for posting,

Vidisha:wave

3. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI
    Thats gr8t...but dont no why i am not able to feel that without excerise u lost so much weight infact u also had chappatis twice a day that is 4chappatis in a day n then too u lost so many kilos...i am really confused

1 person likes this.
  4. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I remember reading somewhere it is much easier for men to reduce weight when compared to women. I experienced it in my case, I am the one who exercises in my house and watch what I eat, I haven't lost a pound :cry: but my husband loses weight just by eating less.

1 person likes this.
  5. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Sujakalyan, thank you for the post. Can you say me how we can burn more calories by drinking more water? It really heplps me...

bye:wave

1 person likes this.
  6. pratimagp

pratimagp New IL'ite

Hi Suja

really its nice post, if one can do with thatmuch dedication and control over food, can reduce,
    but its unbelievable that he reduced thatmany kilos in 3 months.

thank u , keep on posting such a nice posts

pratima

1 person likes this.
  7. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Suja

Nice post. Have to try and should be strict in diet even though it seems harder for me cause sometimes I forget I am on diet. Thanx for sharing.

warm wishes
    Lakshmi

8. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi
    My husband is a classic case of Weight loss without exercise.
    As shwethag has correctly pointed out.Even in my case i am the one who execise and am careful about wht i eat.Still i m not able to lose much weight.I m not overweight but want t o shed few pounds tht i gained duirng pregnancy.Infact my goal is to fit in the blouses tht i stiched for my marriage.:tongueAnd now my son is two years old still i dont properly fit into them.
    And my husband loses and gains weight so quickly.Whenever i go to my parents house he loses weight and when i come back he does not fit in his trousers.:mrgreen:
    He refuses to part with his Pants and jeans which does not fit him even close.But he is so sure he will start using them once i go.:bangcomp:.
    Priti

9. jsinha

jsinha New IL'ite

Diet coke is not even good for weight loss or its ok to drink that !
    Here, 25-year-old student Rohit Daga shares how he dropped 16 kilos in three months flat:

I always hated exercising, so when I gained some weight in college I considered trying an alternate way of losing weight.

I am 5' 8" tall and weighed 71 kgs at that point of time. Though it did not embarrass me, the "feel good" factor was just not there with that kind of weight.

So, I set out to drop the excess baggage. I do not like carbonated drinks, so soft drinks were the first to be removed from the consumption list. Then I stopped eating sweets, chocolates, cakes, butter, cheese and potatoes (and everything made from potatoes like chips and vadas).

I drastically cut down my sugar consumption; it just added too many calories. In addition to these measures, I would drink lots of water. I found that drinking about eight litres of water a day could do wonders for your body. Besides, it is a good way of detoxifying your system.

I love fruits; and so increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I consumed. Papaya, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and carrots became an important part of my daily diet.

In the evenings, I would usually get very hungry and I'd order junk food. That is something I targeted. I started to eat a cucumber and a tomato in the evenings; they have a lot of water and satisfy your hunger as well. I stopped eating while watching TV. What I realised was that when I eat while watching TV, I tend to eat more than was necessary. So I just cut it out altogether.

My daily diet was as follows:

• Breakfast: Cornflakes and hot milk (300 ml) or 1 plate of idli (two pieces) or a small plate of papaya
    • Lunch: Two rotis, cooked vegetable, one onion and half a cup of curds
    • Evening: One glass of sweet lime or orange juice (without sugar), one cucumber (medium sized) and one tomato (medium sized)
    • Dinner: Two rotis and cooked vegetables
    • Late night snack: One carrot (medium sized)

Apart from this, I made sure I was not seated for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. I would just take a walk for two minutes or drink some water, which helped me keep burning more calories. I also stopped using lifts and escalators. Instead, I started using the stairs, which also really helped.

Over a three-month period, I lost 16 kilos and went from weighing 71 kg to 55 kg. So, although I didn't need to lose a lot of weight, the method obviously produced results.

Many people will recommend various methods for how to lose weight. However, you need to adopt a weight-loss plan that suits your personality. If you hate exercising, there is no point trying to do it against your wishes, you will just not enjoy it.

I did not like butter or colas, so I could cut it out of my diet without any regrets. I love ice cream though, and did not give it up. I just rationed it to once a fortnight. During this 3-month period, I enjoyed what I ate and was also happy doing it. I also did not spend any additional time on exercise, but managed to lose the weight.

So, make sure your plan is in-sync with your personality and something that keeps you happy.
    [/quote]

10. mvm

mvm New IL'ite

HI ALL
    I 've joined just today.
    i 've a suggestion to all you lades to please do exercise not just to loose weight but to be fit.
    Yoga help to attain the figure .We can clean the floor thats better.

mvm