Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

we just admitted our daughter a week before in CV - class 8.

we did not have the liberty of hunting for schools since the 2nd term has begun & it's difficult to get admission. this we got through a strong referral. still the donation had to be given.

what we learnt is that there are many ready to give the donation but still unable to get admission.

class strength is 50. breakfast & lunch provided. good extra currricular activities are there.

about infrastructure - having been in the gulf for quite some time, felt CV lacks in many aspects.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mohana,

The school has not yet announced the admissions. they are very strict about the age factor. the child has to complete 3.6 months. otherwise applications are not issued. there is an option pre-kg with them.

my kids are in 9th and 6th. will post the application dates (exact) when it is announced. We have returned back from gulf and did not feel difficulty in transition. 3 years back, my main criteria was the second language (French) and i had very few options with CV, SBOA and St.Brittos. chose St.Brittos as I stay in accessible distance and there is transportation.

the fees is on the higher side is what many say.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  3. DivineVictory

DivineVictory New IL'ite

Anitha,

Honestly, its just hearing from people that CV is academically better than Schram. Haven't had any experience myself and thats why its hard to decide. One side of me says with my two kids transitioning from here to chennai schools, its better to put them in Schram where the student teacher ratio is less, school is closer to where we live and other stuff, but then wonder if changing school would be a problem down the road. Seriously in a confused state right now....

Have you decided on any one school yet?

Regards
    Divya

4. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Applications for LKG for the year 2010 - 2011

Hi,
    I have a daughter who is 3yrs 2 months old now. Now she is in pre kg in a nursery school. I am planning to put her in good school in LKG (ie,2010 - 2011). We are in purusawakkam. I have a list of schools in kilpauk( there are few small schools in purusawakkam). Please help me to select a school for my kid.

CBSE schools :
    1) Chinmaya vidyalaya, kilpauk
    2) Bhavans rajaji vidyashram (BVB), kilpauk
    3) Bhartiya vidya bhavan, kilpauk
    4) Kola saraswathi vaishnav higher secondary schools
    5) Sindhi model senior secondary school

Matric schools:
    1) Alagappa matriculation
    2) CSI Ewarts, Purusawakkam
    3) CSI Bains, Kilpauk
    4) MCTM higher sec school, kilpauk
    5) Don Bosco, Egmore (I have a doubt that only boys are admitted in this school - Is this true?)

My first preference is for CBSE schools. Please let me know when they they will issue the application forms for LKG. Please let me know the exact date. Share any information with me regarding these schools like education, co-curricular activities, uniforms etc..

5. limamart

limamart New IL'ite

This is lima from UK, can anyone help me ,when is DAV velachery school will give application form for UKG ( 2010).
    Thanks.

6. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

we are kind of leaning towards Schram as i didn't receive any comments about Vani vidyalaya i have left with no options, i hope i turns out to be good.

Anitha.

7. veenav

veenav New IL'ite

admission for lkg

Hi Friends...

I am new to this IL..i am searching admission for my daughter,she is 31/2 year..so i want to know when was applications issue by the schools(DAV,Chinmaya vidayala,chennai public school)...if anyone knows about chennai public school

how about the school?fees structure?is any donation:help

please anyone can reply for me...last year we r in uk..now only we came to annanagar in chennai:help:help..

tell me about SBOA ..if she s eligible?:help:help

8. Diya24

Diya24 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Please tell me how is Maharishi compared to Billabong

Thanx

9. Diya24

Diya24 New IL'ite

Hi Veenav,

The fees structure in Chennai Public School for LKG is 61,000/-. The Child should be 3yrs to join in LKG.

In SBOA the age criteria is the same. They accept donations.

bye
    viji

10. veenav

veenav New IL'ite

hi viji,

Thanks for ur reply...the child should complete 3 years in dec2009 .on june they expect 31/2 ..now my daughter's age s 31/2 so she s eligible for lkg..today i visit school's website .they gave info about the school..they annonce th e dates later....thanks a lot
    bye
    veena