Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C
    Am attaching the picture for Mock peda again. It looked completely different after it was all dried up and the color on it looks good too.I have reached 100% fulfillment.
    Also, made traditional karasev, halved the quantity, which my husband was not happy about.I made it using thenkuzhal press and broke it afterwards. I have made this once before and it is a family favorite. This karasev is also pretty easy, Mrs.C .Since, the quantity is less, i will attempt to make easy karasev as soon as i figure out the measurements.

Thanks and love,
    SuBa.

Attached Files:

2. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Maami,

I am coming straight from the kitchen after tasting "Kaima Idlis" that I made just now. This is the first time I am trying something new with idlis other than idli itself.
    It is so good. The only concern is it took a lot of oil. Stupid me - didn't use non-stick this time. Next time I should try with little less oil in non stick pan. Your SBS rocks!! Love them. thank you so much.

Aswini

3. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithumma,
    First the good news! I made kalyana sambar finally and it was awesome and everyone who ate it was in awe. Also made date kheer which was so rich and delicious. Both i made along with small potato roast, rasam, podalangai curry for a family i invited for lunch on saturday.
    Now for the request on what i can do with what i messed up..
    I tried making the choc pista roll in MW and have ended up with a powder form of the chocolate mixture:bonk and somewhat ok form of the pista mixture. I need urgent :drowning advice on how to rectify this or if i can do any quick fix to this disaster. I was so looking forward to the end result. I have put 750 gms of khoa and sugar accordingly. dont want it to go waste. feel utterly helpless now:spin Please help!!

few days back made 7 cup cake and that came out perfectly well in the MW.
    thanks
    aparna

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

got a bit busy yest.. so cudnt come in to give my fbs.. yest made chappathi with rajma sabji. it tasted very good.

today for lunch made mangai parupu, keerai koottu, rasam (with pumpkin water), okra curry. just superb chitramma.. akka is all raving about it. K came in the evening. made green pulao, raitha. just so easy and yummy dish. used my rice cooker. so fill it and forget it. akka even made note of the recipe. she is now asking, what is next from chitvish's trove. i havent even thot about the diwali part yet. at some point i shud.

thx for all the effort. it pays in leaps and bounds for you.

luvs
    shyamals.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

URGENT, Apar!!
    Knead it on a plate adding water in spoons till you get a dough form or use FP. Do not MW. Please do not assume al sweets are MWable. It can be risky!!
    Will write later.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithumma,
    Thank you for the immediate response!:bowdown! So far away yet so close.. First, I am so sorry for not following your recipe! Just was lazy to sit and kilari! no other excuse. I have done as you said and it has become a little better, I have put it in the fridge after rolling in aluminum foil as I didnt have wax paper. I am praying that it comes out ok. after mixing water and running in FP its a little too wet. will wait and see.

Now for the FB on baked thattai.:thumbsup they have come very good. attaching a couple of pics.
    thanks again,
    Aparna

Attached Files:

7. Chitvish

It is sad, Viji!:-(
    But we learn by trial & ERROR! Once smell comes, it will not go at all! The shop bought lapsi may have been old stock. Better luck next time!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

aarthi, it is my turn to say 'thankyou' for all the interest, you, youngsters have in cooking!! Hence this forum flourishes!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Sabari, you have perfected baking biscuits & hence the result is sweet success!!
    Chocolate chip cookies is a real treat!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra

10. Chitvish

Dear Mythraeyi, three cheers to your interest!
    Times or days are such that youngsters wait to give an excuse like
    Nobody touches sweets
    it is easier to buy-----
    They know not what simple pleasures of life they miss!!
    I now feel, all my effort & time are worth in IL!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.