Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhi, I think you have not made the thattai dough, rather kneaded it properly - well & uniform. This has never happened to me.
    Remember we learn only by practising ourselves and not with just watching photos and :tongue!!
    Do try confidently - perfecting starts only with practising!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Thanks, SB. After D, I plan to post Easy aappam!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri, I wonder if anybody has posted a FB for
    Mysore Rasam Powder
    at all!
    Hence special haks for that!
    Q & A!!
    I have long chillies. How do I measure that - break into pieces to fit in the cup or just approximately?

just cut into 2-3 & measure - it is only approximation!

Have you tried making one-whistle rasam with eeya chombu inside the PP?

Yes, I always do only that, just before sitting for lunch!!

The crispy cashew doesn't have any fat, but the subsequent batches were foaming like the other savories with fat. Is that normal?

I think a few disintegrated partcles would ave brought down the temperature & hence foaming. F occurs only if the heat is less.

I am very happy that you tried 2 savouries besides a whole lot of other things!
    Thanks & Love,
    Chithra.

4. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Maami,

I tried Instant Morkuzhambu with the Morkuzhambu powder. I just have one word to say. WOW!! I would have never imagined morkuzhambu without coconut. I cannot thank you enough for giving us such wonderful recipes.

Made idlis and ofcourse the novel tiffin sambhar this weekend. Out of the world as usual. One question though. Can we try idlis with brown rice? The reason is I want to avoid white rice as mush as possible for health reasons. So was thinking about substituting brown rice but was not sure if that would work for our south indian recipes. Please let me know what you think.

thanks

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra aunty,

For deepavali, made "Moong dal Chakli" and "Mullu thenkuzhal". Moongdal chakli was so crunchy can't just believe that it was all without any fat added. Passed on this recipe to my mom also :)

Sunday made Mysore Rasam with freshly made Mysore Rasam powder. Also the one whistle method was more like a cake-walk. You are making our life pretty easy by your exact measurements and tips for faster cooking :thumbsup Rasam was so divine.

-Uma

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  6. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,
    i made kalyana kadamba sambhar today for lunch,,believe me i havent tasted such a divine sambar in my 8 years of cooking,,,,,wow mami,we were litreally drinking...
    now coming to deepavali FB,started making bhakshanams today,,,i made choco pista rolls and butter badusha,,,,both came out well...was very happy.tomm planning to do few more..
    i dont have a "choppu"with me,so karam will be baked thattai and cashew crunchies...will be back with fbs

please have a look at the sweets,,my sweet present to you for this deepavali

lov
    aarthi

Attached Files:

7. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C,
    That was gulabjamun with khoa ..My husband had it this evening and couldn't even tell the diff between the store bought one and Khoa one..I also made Mini pepper thattai and fell in love with the milagu taste.This has become my favorite thattai to date.

Thanks and love,
    SuBa.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  8. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra mami,

I tried your bourvita burfi yesterday as a mock test before Deepavali. It tasted great. But I think I emptied it in the greased tray before it hit the dough consistency (I missed the 'padham'). So it was in between halwa and burfi. What is the correct consistency when we empty it in the tray and flatten it out?

Thanks so much,
    GV

9. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

today i made kandanthipili rasam sans garlic. the taste was good but if garlic is added it would have been more good.

btw yest i guess you missed to see my fb buut i also understand that you were busy posting SBS.

thanks a ton aunty

love,
    winnie

10. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

tomm i am planning to make adai. can i use broken black urad dhal instead of the regular whole urad dhal? my hubby got the black ones by mistake? i also have read that black urad dhal is very good for health? will the dai still be tasty if made with black urad dhal?

sorry for too many questions aunty, i know it sounds silly

thnaks a lot

love,
    winnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.