Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Very happy, Deepa!
    Usually puzaungarisi bhakshanams tend to absorb oil, specially murukku & thattai. My thattai did drink oil & had to be patted only thick - hence no plans to post it!
    But this came out so well & the cloth wrapping method is so easy.
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.
    Planning small amountsof ragi-atta thenkuzal & a different karasev. Just trial!:-D If I am happy with the results, will post them!

2. Chitvish

Dear Vini, the Winnie, I admire you greatly for using sevai press, kalchatti etc - all our old fashioned gadgets, sitting in the US! You have great patience, can' help saying!
    You have succeeded in making me take out my kalchatti!:biggrin2:
    Nothing like home-made sevai, as you write!I wonder how many in our forum have tried makin it! Do you have an iron sevai nazhi?
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Nice meeting you again, SuBa!
    I have promptly downloaded & attached your first photo!!
    For Badushah, you might have added a weebit more than 1/4 cup butter.
    But they look perfect! So, no worries.
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

as you guessed I am on cloud 9.. j akka came today. They were totally beat with all that travel and back to back concerts.

today for lunch i made capsicum paneer rice, kandanthippili rasam, carrot salad. for sweet i made rossagolla (this i told her is CV's tribute to you) she absolutely loved it. actually i made the paneer the first day drained it well and kept it in the fridge and the second day continued the process with fp. the rossagolla came out reallly well. i now know the proportions by heart, i didnt refer one time to the recipe. thx for making me confident in this.

dinner was khara bhath with coconut chutney. i made with 4 cups rava. may be the oil was a little less, so the dish was a little stickier this time comparing the last time. but the taste was very good. all of us relished it.

thx for everything. my mega special week continues.

luvs
    shyamals.

5. Chitvish

Latha, you have wriiten with such overwhelming emotions, I very well understand.
    We generally feelh challenged that we can never cook well like, Amma or MIL.
    Not so at all, Latha. When you have IL, you should feel confident that you are going to be only successful in every experiment. But 2 pieces of advice:
    1 - Never introduce your changes in my recipes
    2 - Never mix & match X or Y's recipes (from any books or blogsites) with mine. Each person's recipe stands on its own merit.
    Do buy proper vessels when you come to Chennai.This ime in Madurai, I bought iron Vadai chatti, also called jilebi chatti from Pudu mandapam. I was wondering why I did'nt buy all these years!:-(
    Great FB & thanks a ton.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today I made Choco Pista rolls and Makhan peda. They turned out well. With the step by step photos, making choco pista rolls was like child's play. When I saw the choco pista rolls photo in Thanu's engagement, I was very much impressed and wanted to try it. I am very much elated that it has come out well and as you say its a picturesque looking sweet. Many many thanks for sharing such yummy sweets with us.

I made the makhan peda dough in FP. The dough making was easy and the consistency of the dough was just right. This is the first time I am making gulab jamoons with nuts stuffed inside it and I am happy that it turned out well. I thoroughly enjoyed making the sweets besides relishing them. I attribute the success of both the recipes to you. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

I have attached the pictures of both the sweets, please take a look at them.

Love and regards
    Priya

Attached Files:

7. Chitvish

Priye, Sneha Priye, I have started groping for superlatives with all FBs from you & the other ILites, is all that I can say!:)
    Both look perfect to the T! You are too good, Priya!
    FP is a delight to use in our cooking & you are confirming it! I am copying both photos.
    Love,
    Chithra

Friends, both Ragi thenkuzal & Easy karasev came out very crisp & good - i will post today!:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  8. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C
    One more before i turn in for the night.

Thanks,
    SuBa.

Attached Files:

9. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

dear chitra

tried the new thenkuzhal and came out super crisp. The color also so white. It is such a easy preparation. Had one doubt can we add little bit water while mixing the rice flour mine was bit dry so had to add some.

Marzipans are my childhood favourites. If I find time I would love to try them.

such wonderful receipes to look forward to each day Thanks once again

with best regards
    shubha

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Dear CV,

Diwali kalai kattiayacha? The forum looks so lively and colorful with photos from every part of the world. Priya, Latha, Ami and Suba - Your photos are so absolutely delicious. I am so happy that for all the efforts that is taken for every recipe, the rewards are here - in every FB over the last two days!

Made Carrot Halwa for the first time on Friday. It tasted heavenly. Promptly got over with a distribution mela at home. So made some more yesterday for a dessert. I have to gobble it with Vanilla Icecream, whenever carrot halwa and gulab jamoon is made ! Here is a picture!
    DSC07516.JPG
    Love
    Arch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.