Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    After a while i am coming to the forum, hope you had a good time in madurai with ur mom.
    tried rava pongal gotsu, kalyana rasam, mint rasam, cvvk and also made idly batter as ur method, all came out superb and now my mom is also hooked to ur recipes. parents are here so little relaxing for me. thanks for all the recipes!

Love,
    Chaaral

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

SS< timing depends on the shape & depth of the baking tin.I baked in a big rectangular tin.
    Perhaps, a wee bit of overbaking & hence little dry??
    So long as you got a good certificate, don' bother!:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Nimmi, for many FBs in one post!!
    Thenkuzals are nice only if slightly thick - not thin.
    The angel cake colour is decided by the milk powder. Did you remove dirt from sugar?
    Rice upma is so easy, no compromise in taste, but NO compromise on oil!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chithumaa...
    That's the pal paniyaram i had when i visited you... when i rememebr i could still feel the taste and how it melts in the mouth... ysterday w as giving my friends super thenkuzal receipe and talking about our meet... that time i rememebr this dish... thanks for the receipe...will come back with the FB soon...

5. Chitvish

Yes, Vahee! I try new dishes when an ILite visits me sothat I can get a right verdict!!
    Do try it, may be with MIL, for D???
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Maam.
    I remember seeing in your posts a recepie for making thengkhoil(spelling surely wrong:bonk)with visual aid, where you cooked the dough first then fry it. I am now searching again to get the detailed recepie but cant find which post I saw. Can you guide pls? I searched for almost 40minutes.....

7. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

since hubby is away on a business trip, didn't cook..eating the leftovers.
    i am planning to make butter badhusha, thattai, mysorepak and seeda for diwali. had to throw away the ribbon pakoda dough since none of my friends had the press.
    in buter badhusha recipe can i susstitute sodium bicarbonate with fruit salt?

thnaks for the recipes

love,
    winnie

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitramma

I has been years I posted comments. Very sorry.

Thanks for the butter badusha recipe in the step by step thread.And the paal paniayaram recipe.

Hopefully I will try it out on sunday and be back with a FB. Thanks again

9. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

i just was going thro your tiffins recipes and i am planning to make sevai tomm.
    from your recipe i am going to follow the boiled rice and raw rice recipe. got a small doubt - how much water should i add to grind the dough? also i am planning to make cocnut, lemon and curd sevai for 2 people. how much can one make with the measurements you have given?

sorry for these silly doubts aunty

thanks a lot

love,
    winnie

10. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,
    Thanks for your super prompt reply. But I couldn't make the dry fruit pulav as I didn't have enough coconut and tooti fruity. Didn't want to take any risk as I was making for guests. So sorry. Will definitely try it next time. I think you should post it in the rice thread. It will be a good complement for side dishes like nawabi curry, veg medley etc.

The nawabi curry came out well.. I made milk phulkas, nawabi curry, veg pulav, boondi-pomegranate raita and carrot halwa. Everything was a hit. I know you have received feedbacks on all these earlier, Milk phulkas are extremely soft. Boondi-pom raita is a great raita.. The only problem is we get pomegranates only for 2-3 months here, Nawabi curry was not only rich and great tasting but very simple to make too.

Thanks a ton for all your recipes.. I'm following your SBS thread religiously. Will let you know what I'm making for Diwali.

Love
    Hema

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.