1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can working mom have two kids.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Aniyaa, Jul 9, 2008.

1. megna0102

megna0102 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I thought I would chip in too. I am a full time working mom with two boys(5 and 2 year old) sure I had some days which are really crazy but I love having two kids both are very active and can be handful to manage. I work full time and so is my husband, but we still make sure we spend plenty of time with kids in the evenings and weekends. My older one had lot of fun last 2 years playing,figthing with my 2 year old.

So my suggestion is to have 2 as kids will not be lonely as they grow up

2. rjsune

rjsune New IL'ite

I am a full time working MOM with two kids age 11 and 4.5yrs.
    After I had my first one, I had decided that would be it. As my daughter started growing she started asking me for a sibling.....
    I felt she was very lonesome...

I had my second one after a gap of 6 yrs..& I feel that gap helped...because when my daughter started 1st grade, my Son was born..
    so she went by bus to the school...so no dropping to the daycare/ preschool +no expense for child care with respect to the first one.
    My daughter helps me a lot in caring for my son...I mean playing with him, reading him books, making sure he doesn;t get hurt while playing outside....

So based on my experience, having two kids n working is not difficult...
    if you can do effective time management...

Hope this helps!

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

I am a working women with 2 kids aging 11 & 5 yrs. I have taught them to look after themselves w/o disturbing my MIL. But in the initial stages it was a problem.

But my MIL helped me a lot. Even now my kids are more comfortable with her than with me.

Andal

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Rehirani,

I would like to request you to please stop posting your request on every single thread. Now that your survey has been approved and it appears as a thread in this forum, please wait for moms to respond.

Thank you.

Latha

5. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hi working mums... A discussion is already on thw heels under the topic - What is good for child?...To be the only one...or to have someone growing along?? You can go through these to have an idea. I am working and have an almost 3 yr old daughter but we are not plannng a second one. I would like to state that only time management is not the point...there arise many many other points which should definitely be considered and if all is well enough...sure you should go for a second baby.

Dr.SUpriya.

6. ritikasingh

ritikasingh New IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    my two cents to this.. yes, Working moms can have two kids.. I am full time working mom with 2 girls (2ys8m and 8 months.).. husband's job is extremely demanding and have no help from anyone from either families... Still, I say, two kids can be managed..

My job is also extemely demanding, but I have negotiated with my employer to have some flexible hours schedule.. both my girls goto a montesorri day care.. all of us leave home togather and come back together (9-5) DH helps me giving the bath and chaging the kids.. I do most of the dinner prep during the weekends, but do cooking everyday.. form 5-8pm, we are busy cooking, giving bath to kids, feeding them, reading books.. etc... Kids have to goto bed at 8.. after that DH is back to work and I wind up kitchen and laundry and all.. i have a help on weekends for cleaning..

Life is extremely mechanical and too much routine in life.. we have our moments, like when my toddler changes her mind in the morning and doesn't want to get ready for school.. or either of us have an early morning or late evening conference calls or meetings.. or one of us fall sick.. things become very challenging.. but at the end of the day, I see my girls playing with each other, older one talking to little on and younger getting hyper just by hearing her big didi's voice.. it all seems worth it!!!!

7. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Hi all

I had posted earlier my dilemma about having second one. But now I'm preg with second one (due in Jan-10). My DD is already waiting baby sis/bro.

8. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

hi,

based on all your replies and my own thinking .. i thought of going in for the second one.. am trying.. but not conceiving..

now i guess the question is answered , but problem is in a different matter..

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Just came across this thread today and this was exactly what I was looking for. I don't know any moms in our friends circle doing FT job with two kids and I was always pondering over this. This thread is a nice read. :), (especially for people like me who will have NO help from parent/in-laws :-( ). Gives a little bit of consolation that 'Yeah.. it can be done'

Thanks everyone.