Manyu suktam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by kavitac7, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Learn Manyu Suktam for Hanumaan's protection, blessings. anyone know more about this. link available.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

no idea,
    can u thro some lite on it
    and where isthe link?

3. sapnavamsi

sapnavamsi New IL'ite

hi kavita,
    Am interested .please give the link
    \
    Sapna

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Manyu suktam is for Lord Narasimha, not hanuman (source: wikipedia)

-Uma

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  5. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Looks like its the hymn doesn't clearly mention the deity's name. But here's some info about the hymn.

The Manyu Sukta

Manyu Sukta appears in 8th Ashtaka, 3rd Adyaya and 18th & 19th Varga of Rig Veda (In otherwords, 10th Mandala, 83rd&84th Sukta) comprises of 14 Mantras.

The Rishi is Manyustapasa, Devata is Manyu and the Chandas are Trishtup and Jagati

Manyu Sukta Homa - Accoring to the Rig Veda Prayoga Chandrika, the Manyu Sukta Homa is given a prominent place. Manyu is the synonym of Lord Shiva. It means 'anger'. Those belonging to the Rig Veda saka very commonly perform Manyu Sukta Homa. It is stated in the Rig Veda Prayoga Chandrika, that the devotees who are suffering from the afflictions caused by incurable diseases, or enemies, can get rid of these by performing the Manyu Sukta Homa.

Significance of Mantras in Manyu Sukta :

1. Is Manyu Indra? yes, the God was Manyu. Manyu is Hota, Varuna and Jatavedas. All human lineage worship Manyu. Corresponding with the zeal (Bhakti), Manyu guard us.

2. Come here Manyu, mightier than the mighty; chase, our enemy with your enthusiasm for a friend. O, Destructive force of enemy, (Vrutra and of Dasyu), you bring to us all kinds of wealth and treasure.

3. I have departed, still without a portion, wise God! (Manyu) according to your will, the Mighty. I am small and weak man, was wroth(angry), O Manyu I am myself; come to me and give me vigour.

4. O Conquerer, twin-born with power, destructive bolt of thunder, the highest conquering might is yours. Be friendly to it, in your spirit. O Manyu, Much-invoked, in shock of mighty battle.

5 Unyielding bringing victory like Indra, O Manyu, You be here with our Emperor. To your dear name, O Conqueror, we sing praises: we know the spring from you come here.

6. For spoil, let Varuna and Manyu give us the wealth of both sides gathered and collected; And let our enemies with stricken spirits, overwhelmed with terror, creep away and defeated.

-Uma

7. lalit06

lalit06 New IL'ite

Uma - Congratulations!
    When u get a chance could u please post the verses of this sloka?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  8. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Uma (advitha),

Great translation work! Any more info. about this homa or sukta and how it is to be done??

9. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

This is what I got from my browsing.

Manyu Sukta Homa - Accoring to the Rig Veda Prayoga Chandrika, the Manyu Sukta Homa is given a prominent place. Manyu is the synonym of Lord Shiva. It means 'anger'. Those belonging to the Rig Veda saka very commonly perform Manyu Sukta Homa. It is stated in the Rig Veda Prayoga Chandrika, that the devotees who are suffering from the afflictions caused by incurable diseases, or enemies, can get rid of these by performing the Manyu Sukta Homa.

I have a pdf of manyu suktam text in sanskrit. If any of you are interested, I shall post it here.

-Uma

10. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Yes, please do post the .pdf version of the Manyu sukta here..:hiya