Transfer of School From Sharjah to Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Sthuti, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Sthuti

Sthuti New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

We are planning to move to Dubai from Sharjah in the month of June 2010 (Our contract for the present house expires in June)

My daughter is presently in OOEHS Shj, they do not have transport to Dubai. I will have to shift her to a school in Dubai.

My Enquiry is - Should I take an admission for her in a School in Dubai in the month of April (new academic year) or should she continue in this school and can she be transfered to another school after the frist quarter (that is June).

There might be teachers or others related to schools in this forum, kindly help me make the right decision for my daughter.

Thanks in Advance.

2. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi,

If you want your daughter to continue in Indian Curriculum schools, then it is better to shift in the month of April itself. Ofcourse, you have got to manage transport for abouth 2-3 months from April to June end till the schools close for summer vacation. But never try to change in the middle of the academic year.

Else, if you wish to enroll your daughter in British curriculum schools, then those school start their academic year every September only, it would not be a problem for you.

My two cents.

Divya