1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for ladies (or spouse) with diabetes

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by akalya, Jun 26, 2007.

1. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Friends,

I wanted to start a support group for women who have diabetes or have a spouse who has diabetes. If we organize ourselves, we can share all tips emotional, medical, dietary, lifestyle etc to manage a life with diabetes. Please jump in if you are interested.

2. ChandraGovindarajan

ChandraGovindarajan New IL'ite

Dear Akalya,

Sounds interesting!! Why not we start.
    I am diabetic for the past 14 yrs. But still managing well with good diet, walking and exercise.

Chandra

3. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

madam akalya,

I am with you, to support the group for women who have diabetes even though i am not suffering from a diabete

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi akayla,

count me in. My father is a diabetic. mother in law died due renal failure from diabetes. have a friend who is so well controlled and a role model for how you should live when you are diabetic.

And coming to my family, always with a nag at the back if any of us would be one due to hereditary factors...so I am here here to support myself and all as a group

Let us start ...............

5. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Yes, of course...Its a FANTASTIC idea !! :thumbsup:-)

6. surabhishan

surabhishan New IL'ite

Hi dear
    i am with you. My dear ones are diabetic. I am not really sure what diet plan i should follow.I try to use less of oil as i can in my prepration.Please help me in preparing multiple menu options for breakfast lunch mid snacks and dinner.Say for breakfast there are alleast 10 options.How about a chart.Lets discuss and prepare a chart together.Let it be tasty and healty . Some of my options are oats uttapam, oats idil,suji idli,non fried bread pakoras(pan baked).But its all hit and try. I want a diet chart without guilt. A satisfaction that i am giving them healthy food.
    Recently a doctor at ramdev's patangali said no curd or butter milk
    I am confused . they use to take curd.
    Keep posting
    Sanchi