1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you proud to be a woman?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Jul 4, 2007.

1. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Re: Are you proud to be a woman.

Hi Karthika, Thanks for your caring statements. I am just getting frustrated when I have to accept something which my mind is not accepting, that is only because of I am an women. As years passby, we are getting more freedom like men. But still, when a women works @ office, cooking @ home, cleaning, taking care of kid, etc etc when man just doing the office work and remaining time, browsing the internet. I feel as if they are utilizing us. Atleast since I am USA, I am getting some privacy, cooking what I wanted, going whereever I want to go etc. Think about the women who are living in India with ILs.
    OOkkk... Without husband's permission we cannot even work. I was working before marriage, after marriage, my husbands expects me to take care of our baby and house. Hmm... He says so soft so couldn't say anything and always my parents chanting "do what SIL says, don't do anything against his words". What to do? I can ask my MIL to come overhear to take care of my kid, but, I will loose my privacy which I don't want. If I go to India trip, as everyone faces, I could't spend with my parents:bangcomp:
    so, when I couldn't do what I wanted only because I am a women, I am hating.
    Otherthan that, I am enjoying fullday with my kid.
    I just not feeling proud to be a women.

2. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

dear friends,
    Men and women are not two different species...we are two sexes of one species that need each other for the continuance of its existence.

We are not enemies on opposite sides of the battlefield out to annhilate each other, because the end of one would necessarily mean the end of the other.

Neither of us need to feel inferior or superior to the other just by the biological category we are born into.You cant choose your sex..so how can you feel proud or worthless about something you had nothing to do with?

You cant choose your sex...but you can choose to become the person you are.
    Man or woman,it is what you have made of your lives,it is your acts of volition, that should give you a sense of pride.

All this would be true if we were living in an ideal world where everyone is equal..Unfortunately, real world is a far cry from the ideal.

just like Karna was born with 'kavacha' and 'kundala'; we women are born with 'discrimination','exploitation' and 'oppression' as inseperable parts of our selves. Every breath we take and every move we make is a battle. We have to fight twice as hard to achieve half as much as a man would achieve...just because we are born as WOMEN.

In this scenario, i cant help but feel a sense of great pride at even the smallest of women's achivements!

1 person likes this.
  3. varasangam

varasangam New IL'ite

Absolutely Puni, there are no things about it.....I totally believe that woman is the stronger sex in mind and spirit, i have not mentioned physically mind you for obvious reasons!! But that is mind over matter.....!!! Be it a lover, a friend, a mother or spouse, given a choice I would always want to be woman. The sensitivity and the sensibility, unconditional love what a woman can potray is many cases unsurpassed and invaluable. Do you agree with me? Vara

1 person likes this.
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I feel sad about womens still undergoing mental torture, insults etc from in-laws, husband etc.
    But still being a women we have tremendous strength to bear all these physical and mental abuse (if any men to be our shoes will surely admitted to mental hospital).
    But still we try to forgive and forget our in-laws and husband.
    Even though we ask permission from our husbands for each and everything, still we are the core of the house, without us nothing happens in the house (not a single work).
    Even though we have gone thru so much suppression in our life at different stages, still we are so supportive to our husband (we are behind their success), we are raising our kids with good morals, who will be a very responsible citizen in future (and offcourse we should never teach our daughters to accept any suppressions, they should become more self sufficient.). We are not only contributing to the family, house, we are doing much more to the society by providing responsible young citizens.
    So please ladies, don't get upset for the past. Only confidence within you will change everything. Be proud of yourselves for what you are today.

5. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Puni88, Namasthe
    Your post is thought provoking. No human being need feel ashame of having
    birth as a woman.where is the creation of these all living beings without a woman.No one can be borne in this world without a mother, Mother hood is the nature's boon for a woman only.in oldendays also Rishis who devoted more time in Tapas also married women and beget children. in those days also women are more learned. only due to the chastity of 'Savitri' only Satyan is able to get back of his life. we need not think of woman as a separate entity.
    Women is called prakriti. Man is called Purasha. By the union of this prakrut
    and purusha only this entire creation is evolved Man and woman are two sides of a coin. Acoin has no value if eitherside is absent.In the moderen days also
    women are equally potential in all respects with men in allmost all the countries.Good administrators are also there. It is man in some sogieties suppressing woman to devolop to her best on par with men. even in these days also most of the parlamentarians are hesitating to enhance the women
    quota as M.Ps simply because the inefficiency of these fellows will be reaveled out
    Nischel

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Wow! Wonderful thread..:mrgreen: I am super-duper Proud to be a woman..:mrgreen:
    Well Husbands, In-laws and all others shouldn't dampen the spirits of ours.. Bcos one who can raise a life in herself is next to God.. Man never have these great chance to touch divinity inside them. They just live as consumers of life , nature and everything around them. So I dont envy them.. I rather pity them sometimes..They are missing lot on life by not valuing everything they have around them. So those who feel bad that they are living life as per men really need to look inside. For no one can force you to leave your dream except you.

I take pride in lots of great things woman experience which men can never touch in their life times..
    - we are more conscious and in touch with our feelings.
    - we are more forgiving and loving
    - we raise life in us.
    - we can make or mar a family
    - we are closer to god than Man... Count on.. they are more female deity than Male.
    - we submerge ourself to build a small world of our in this big world.
    - we give in so much , yet have so much to give.
    - we never forget our parents
    - we are capable to love infinitely
    - we bring smile and joy in this dry land. Imagine this world without lil girlie and women.. You would know what I am talking

And I always take pride in this line from movie "My big Fat greek wedding"
    "If man is head of family, than woman is neck.. Neck decides where head has to see"

Cheers
    Ria

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ria,
    Well Said!! I don't have anything to comment on your comments.

~Punitha

8. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    Super post from a super woman.
    latha.

1 person likes this.
  9. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi Ria,